Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Rick & Morty, is it just me…
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

Or is it written by geniuses and pretty much the best thing on telly in, well, ever?

Any of the STW crew like to get schwifty?

Jamie
    Free Member

*insert hipster comment about watching it before you were born*

But this is a treat if you’ve not seen it:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTWdP5DMdsM[/video]

https://nerdist.com/rick-and-morty-did-a-live-read-of-a-wild-court-transcript-at-comic-con/

Rorschach
    Free Member

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody’s gonna die.
    Come watch TV.

Drac

Face it Slimjim where all here for a purpose you’ve just not found yours yet, not since we replaced you after the battle of Spondark 15.

juanking

The Let’s get schwifty and Pickle Rick are my personal favourites!

13thfloormonk

Aye, good, but not great.

Lacked the depth of Bojack Horseman, the writing of Archer, or the batshit mentalness of Squidbillies 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

Got to relax….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm41dHucxmM[/video]

sharkattack

written by geniuses and pretty much the best thing on telly in, well, ever?

This is accurate.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Who the **** is Noob Noob?

Drac

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Yes. Very, very good.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Aye, good, but not great.

Lacked the depth of Bojack Horseman, the writing of Archer, or the batshit mentalness of Squidbillies

+1

GrahamS

Lacked depth???

Wubba lubba dub dub!

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

I just couldn’t get into Bojack, I tried. My brother raves about Archer but the whole, like, you know LA speak is too much. A bit like GTA5, I think the piss is taken so much it stops taking it and ends up imitating the piss takee, jesus I’m over-tired..

Rick & Morty, love it. Haven’t liked anything animated so much since Monkeydust.

akira

See also Hey Duggee and Phineas and Ferb. Zombie episode of Phineas and Ferb had Shaun and Ed from Shaun of the Dead in it.

shermer75
    Free Member

No, not just you!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

A human pickle tonguing a dead flies brain was the best moment in tv last year.

And my genius wife got me a pickle Rik tshirt for christmas

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Funniest tv moment of 2017

[video]https://youtu.be/cPEnRb6aaS4[/video]

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I prefer Ball Fondlers.

vongassit
    Free Member

F is for family is where its at for me at the mo. Will check out R & M at some point.

Drac

F is for Family is brilliant too much more adult humour, I didn’t get the fuss about Archer at all thought it was a bit poor I may give it another try.

jimjam
    Free Member

Complete and utter brilliance.

Drac – Moderator

I didn’t get the fuss about Archer at all thought it was a bit poor I may give it another try.

Archer takes a few episodes to get going, like most episodic shows. The characters aren’t likeable, they are likeably horrible. Once you get into it it’s great.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

it’s top of my list of bonkers grown-up (and some not so grown-up) animated shows, along with bob’s burgers, regular show, f is for family, adventure time and big mouth…

squirrelking
    Free Member

I honestly thought Rick and Morty had someone off the Invader Zim production crew when I saw it at first, has a similar look at times and humour (albeit Zim was a kids show). Then again Ricks rants remind me of Beavis on a sugar high.

I think Ricks drool in the first episode sold it, was actually pretty disgusting but hilarious at the same time. Was somewhat surprised to find out there’s a bad rep going for “fans” of the show, never met anyone too stupid to understand Rick isn’t a hero.

As for Archer, give it another go if you haven’t already, it only gets better.

jimjam
    Free Member

Was somewhat surprised to find out there’s a bad rep going for “fans” of the show, never met anyone too stupid to understand Rick isn’t a hero.

What’s this?

GrahamS

there’s a bad rep going for “fans” of the show

Didn’t know that. Why?

slimjim78
    Free Member

The reason anyone could give it a bad rep – if they could — which they can’t — would be because they could — which they can’t.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Loved Rick & Morty and Bojack, but couldn’t get into Archer at all. Watched about two episodes though, so maybe I need to stick with it?

durhambiker
    Free Member

Didn’t really think much of the first episode of Rick & Morty, but as soon as I realised it was a Dan Harmon creation I stuck with it and quickly grew to love it. Currently re-watching Community to get my Dan Harmon fix.

jimjam
    Free Member

squirrelking – Member

I honestly thought Rick and Morty had someone off the Invader Zim production crew

Invader Zim is just the (very) sanitised and kid friendly version of Jhonen Vasquez’s Johnny The Homicidal Maniac and Squee comics. At the core they are share similar themes to Rick&Morty – abusrdism, nihilism, fatalism…all wrapped in jet black extremely violent comedy.

It’s some of the funniest stuff I’ve ever read. Dunno if it will age well, especially post R&M but it might be worth a look.

RobHilton
    Free Member

The reason anyone could give it a bad rep – if they could — which they can’t — would be because they could — which they can’t.

Excellent!

I didn’t think too much of Archer either – watched the whole lot; it was ok. Bojack OTOH, I thought was weak for the first series and then it *really* took off halfway through the second.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Already have all the JTHM & Squee comics but good shout.

Just google ‘rick and morty fans’ to see what I mean, more of an American thing but a thing nontheless. Pretty much summmed up with ‘toxic’.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Rick & Morty, is it just me…’ is closed to new replies.