Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Richmond, Dales – Route Advice
  • adamdv8
    Free Member

Going to be in Richmond for a few days, with family in tow, and will only be able to get 1-2hr rides in, so wont be able to roam to far from base camp. Any suggestions on good trails in the vicinty would be appreciated, or good websites for info.

zokes
    Free Member

Head to Reeth in the car. From there up Fremington Edge, down in Langthwaite, then over the road towards Feetham, then head back over a b/w towards Reeth, and there’s a choice of paths back down…

uplink
    Free Member

Reeth is about 20 mins away with loads of great trails to choose from

Look at linking some of these favourites

Here

Here

Here

Most of the B/Ws around there are pretty goo TBH

tinribz
    Free Member

Take drive along Moor Lane north of Marske on the map only about 10 minutes by car north east of Richmond. You are up on the moors, just park up anywhere and there are loads of bridle ways.

Or head for Reeth.

adamdv8
    Free Member

Thanks to all for the suggestions, really looking forward to it.

smogmonster

I live in Richmond….you can take a Bridleway from the town, through Whitcliff Wood, haul your bike over a couple of stiles – the BW is disputed by the landowner and he has put stone walls in the way that you have to haul the bike over, then road to Clints Wood above Marske, telfit Farm, cracking downhill to Skelton Hall, then road back to Richmond…its about 16 miles. I use it as a little training route when time is short.

When are you up here? I might be able to give you a little guided tour depending on when im free.

smogmonster

Also as said above, anything from Reeth is cracking, especially the downhill to Storthwaite Hall after youve climbed up Fremington Edge.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Richmond, Dales – Route Advice’ is closed to new replies.