Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Richard Adams
  • grahamh
    Free Member

2016 hasn’t finished yet, now taken Watership Down author Richard Adams.
    🙁

km79
    Free Member

FFS! Enough’s enough (of these posts, not people dying)!

Nipper99
    Free Member

Read The Plague Dogs when I was a youngster.

Now gone with El-ahrairah.

RIP

CountZero

FFS! Enough’s enough (of these posts, not people dying)!

You’d rather we just ignored the fact that so many people that many on here have grown up with have died?

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

The film adaptation still makes me well up!!

km79
    Free Member

You’d rather we just ignored the fact that so many people that many on here have grown up with have died?

Yes. Roll on 2017, hopefully the grim reaper will start with all those blaming 2016 for taking away so many ‘celebs’.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I live not far from Watership Down. It’s on my local loop. Last summer, I was sitting on the down, soaking up the birdsong when an American couple approached me and asked, “Is this where Watership Down was filmed? ”

palmer77
    Free Member

[RESPECTIVELY]

While I acknowledge that death is indeed sad, there are factors on these threads that I can’t relate to; for one, people are dying every second of every day the world over; for two, does celebrity status in some way make death more significant; and thirdly, given that one day is much as the next, is there any merit in distinguishing the ‘when’ factor at all, after all years are very much an arbitrary way to catalogue time…

[RESPECTIVELY]

shermer75
    Free Member

The BBC news website is about 80% obituary right now. Aaaargh!

P-Jay
    Free Member

96 I believe, a good innings. I should hate him really given what Watership Down did to me as a kid…

Klunk
    Free Member

96 is a pretty good knock.

Northwind

For services rendered to giving kids nightmares he will be remembered

rOcKeTdOg

maybe we should have a thread for every individual Aleppo victim?

some young celeb dies, fair enough, but a 96 year old is going a bit far. i think though it’s the race to be the first to “announce” it on the forum that is pushing this

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Richard Adams’ is closed to new replies.