Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ribs rocovery time for IOM end to end?
  • karl1824
    Free Member

Hi,

Went OTB down dollywagger after helvellyn summit in the lakes, and hurt ribs quite bad, doc’ thinks not broke but still hurts a lot after 2 days, sneezing sends me through the roof!! Most movement painfull.

Just wondering on opinions on recovery, as was due to do IOM end 2 end a week on Sunday!!

Thanks

coolhandluke
    Free Member

A few weeks at least.

Hurt mine mid July, still painful to sneeze now.

Northwind

Varies a lot IME. I’ve done my ribs a few times now, one of those times I ended up racing 10UTB 3 weeks later, but another I was still off the bike after 5 weeks (think I maybe rebroke one of the ribs that time with some strenuous TV remote reaching, tbh)

bigG
    Free Member

Four weeks after damaging my ribs for the umpteenth time. Still hurts to cough, can’t sleep on that side.

Usually takes me six or seven weeks to be back to 90% if I’ve done them in properly

toys19
    Free Member

I found high doses of ibuprofen very effective, could ride, but not sleep. Also tramadol is good, bnut hard to ride on it. 4-6 weeks.. (Mine were 5 weeks)

andyl
    Free Member

Emily wouldn’t have a problem: http://www.insidehalton.com/sports/olympics/article/1473051–brooklin-s-emily-batty-deserves-a-gold-medal-for-guts

After breaking mine I think I gave it about 3 weeks before doing gentle riding but about 6 before doing anything proper.

boltonjon

You’ll be fine mate – lots of strong pain killers before you set of

I done this a few days before last years race – after training for 6 months for the E2E – nothing was gonna stop me (except walking – i really struggled to walk!!)

[/url] knee by boltonjon, on Flickr[/img]

karl1824
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses chaps, think I will still do race and top up with pills before the start, and as long as no walking should be good. Nice pic’ boltonjon! Few mates doing race too so if can’t finish will still be good experience

boltonjon

Good lad – its a fantastic event!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ribs rocovery time for IOM end to end?’ is closed to new replies.