Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ribble doing MTBs
  • swoosh
    Free Member

I did do a search for this but nothing came up. Ribble seem to have an MTB in their range, not seen that before.

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-htc100-slx/

Looks to be pretty decent spec for the price too. Anyone got one? Or going to get one?

I already have a carbon 29er xc bike otherwise I might have been tempted.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Makes sense to try something else from the import catalogue or maybe something different arrived in the container

zilog6128

I’m sure I saw an ancient one with cantis at QECP once.

dmorts

71 deg head angle!? No thanks

It looks like it’s been in a head-on crash

nemesis
    Free Member

Catalogue Chinese frame I reckon looks like ones on ebay/aliexpress/etc. Not an issue of course – I have two and am very happy with them but you can probably get the same frame cheaper though maybe some will prefer to deal with a UK company (FWIW, I’ve had a warranty issue dealt with very well from the China company I bought a frame from some time ago).

joebristol

Looks very old school cross country to me. Wouldn’t tickle my fancy.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looks very old school cross country to me. Wouldn’t tickle my fancy.

Depends on how you ride it 😉 those angles could end up tickling a few things

dovebiker

Ribble did MTBs many years ago in the 1990s, but have focused on road since. Frame looks like an Xpace Industrial FM-R887

twowheels
    Free Member

To echo nemesis- I just got a Chinese carbon frame that looks nicer.  I am building<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”> it up with similar spec but M8000 cranks/shifter (rest M7000 and SunRace 11-46 cassette) and it will be a lot less than £1k.</span>

duncancallum

used to sponsor MTB racer Matt Guy at one point!

angeldust
    Free Member

Frame looks like an Xpace Industrial FM-R887

Not sure about the that.  Angle of chainstays suggests it could be a Multivariate PCA Xevo QToF Model B.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ribble doing MTBs’ is closed to new replies.