Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rhod Gilbert v Kilimanjaro
  • Harry_the_Spider
    bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Watched it last night and thought he came across really well.

Hats off to his guide who convinced him to go the final 100 meters, he would have been kicking himself once he got home had he given up so close to the summit.

ernie67

Just watched it this evening- well worth a viewing if there’s nowt else on .

project
    Free Member

Got to have been the worst travel documentry ever, poor commentry, poor and crap jerky filming and Rhod Gilbert moaning like a child.The Doctor had done the walk 10 times and so had the many guides and porters.

Read “Bikes up Kilamanjaro” by the Cranes, a great read,just got a replacement copy recently, they did it in the 80,s when MTBS where just in their infancy, large flange hubs, cantilever brakes,no suspension and heavy Saracen bikes, got one in the garage.

Two freinds are doing it later this year, and looking forward to it, lets also remember a load of minor celebs walked it a few years ago to raise cash for some charity, and get their names in the media eye again.

cyclelife
    Free Member

I’ll give it a go then guys but normally find him an irritating prick.

Harry_the_Spider

Got to have been the worst travel documentry ever

That’s me told.

rascal
    Free Member

Just watched it and thought it was good – I think he’s good.

I quite liked the fact that it was raw, unpolished and candid.
    Saw him live a couple of years ago – he’s a very funny bloke.

project
    Free Member

Saw him live a couple of years ago – he’s a very funny bloke.

Yep, so he is still alive then

onlysteel
    Free Member

No previous experience of Mr Gilbert, but spent couple of summers in NE Tanzania many years ago. Took less than a couple of minutes to establish he was an irritating prick. IMO, of course.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rhod Gilbert v Kilimanjaro’ is closed to new replies.