Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Rhayader Bothy weekender. (pics)
  • sheldona
    Free Member

Spent the weekend bothy-ing near Rhayader this weekend, cold outside too hot inside! Great weekends riding although the company was a bit 'pony';-)

nickc

That bothy has the most uncomfortable sleeping "shelves" in the world…Bar none

sheldona
    Free Member

NickC you're right, especially when Stu cranks up the log burner with half a metric ton of coal just before we all hit the sack taking the temp up to around 100 degrees! Like a blooming sauna in there last night!

singlespeedstu

I was trying to turn it into a native american sweatlodge in the hope that the shrooms would kick in a bit more. 😉

user-removed
    Free Member

What manor of people go for a bothy weekend with a winebox and sushi?!

🙂

Looks like a lotta fun – do you take bivvy bags and sleeping bags, or just the latter?

singlespeedstu

People that like wine/sushi/ heat/manlove/living like tramps. 😉

Both on the bag front. Although we didn't need either.

sheldona
    Free Member

We do 😉

thekingofsweden

Wouldn't want to spend a weekend with those losers 8O.

Needed to get clean somehow !

All me gear has a definate pine smoky fragrance and had to milton the bath after i had got out

( Cue pervy undertones blah blah blah ) Lucky i had some plastic SHOPPING bags for me feet tho

Lets do it all again next weekend shall we

TheSwede
    Free Member

Hey stu, I think I know where that is. I used to ruin the country side on my ktm up and down that bank behind the soggy queen. If you follow that track does it end up at the dams.

singlespeedstu

If you follow that track does it end up at the dams.

Nope.

I think you're confusing it with The Monks Trod.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Ah yep that sound right but that bank is defo where we used to have a play. Fun on a 525 in the wet. 😉

singlespeedstu

I have no idea what you're talking about as I've never been playing in the woods on those countryside destroying bikes you talk about. 😉

TheSwede
    Free Member

Me neither. They are evil noisy things and I'm not even thinking of looking at a new 530excr next sat. 😉

senojevad
    Free Member

Sheldon is that just a drybag strapped behind the saddle or a more bespoke creation a la carousel designs? Either way roughly how many litres is it and did you have any trouble with it rubbing your leg whilst pedaling?

Ambrose

Slight hijack- 'the Snug' has been removed from Moel Prysgau. It is a bit like a barn now, so will be bluumin cold this winter. Anyone know if nant Rhys and Moel Prysgau are owned by the same people/ organisation? If so, will Nant Rhys and Nant Syddion be gutted next?

nostoc
    Free Member

Ambrose – They are both run by Mountain Bothy Association and I'm sure they'd tell you what was happening if you e mailled them.

And as I've been stuck in work for the last few weeks finishing my thesis and I'm jealous I'd like to be really pedantic and point out that the monks trod doesn't end at the dams either way. Ignore me.

sheldona
    Free Member

Sheldon is that just a drybag strapped behind the saddle or a more bespoke creation a la carousel designs? Either way roughly how many litres is it and did you have any trouble with it rubbing your leg whilst pedaling?

Yup just an Alpkit drybag (Large I think) starpped to the seat/seatpost, I took the idea from the bag that Alex has. Not sure how many litres it is but inside there was my thermorest, 1.1lt Ti mug and some food along witha long sleece Merino top. didn't weight that mcuh and seemed to work well, it was the 2nd time I've used this method. And no it didn't interfere with my pedaling.

thekingofsweden

I hear you like to have a heavy wieght suspended between your legs…………………. something to do with the colour black wasn't it 😯

senojevad
    Free Member

Cheers mate, I'd been thinking of doing the same thing for a while but wasn't sure if it would be irritating. Looks like a top weekend, myself and a mate were at Grwyne Fawr Bothy this weekend and it was lovely (slightly less cheese though unfortunately!)

@Ambrose. Myself and Dan (Scratch) were at Moel Prysgau last weekend for the work party and snug trashing. It wasn't too cold but then there were 8 of us, with a fire, and it's not properly cold yet :roll:. As far as I understand the actions at MP are currently isolated due to the an FC risk assessment being conducted to allow a formal tenancy agreement to be drawn up (The risk assessment also includes replacing the roof so they will need plenty of volunteers when that gets done next year!) . The MBA is considering it's stance on 2 floor bothies at present though as a number of scottish bothies have already had 2nd floors closed sadly

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Rhayader Bothy weekender. (pics)’ is closed to new replies.