Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • RFU – What a mess/disgrace!
  • TimP
    Free Member

Seen bits of the reports leaked by The Times on ESPN web site and it is basically saying what everyone though was going on at the RFU and in the England camp but still not pretty to see in print. So can anyone bar Cockrill keep their jobs now?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If Andrew comes out of this with his position intact, I’ll eat my dog’s poo.

(I won’t really but I’ll be very surprised.)

What a dick.

wrecker
    Free Member

Disgrace is the correct word.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/8908818/Englands-Rugby-World-Cup-shambles-laid-bare-as-leaked-report-blames-greedy-players-and-weak-leaders.html

Gobsmacking.
    The players aren’t without blame, many of them senior.

To hear one senior player in the changing room say straight after the quarter-final defeat ‘There’s £35k just gone down the toilet’

What can we do? Nothing.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

And this is news? its been a slow motion car crash for years.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And this is news? its been a slow motion car crash for years.

Le Plastique speaks. You must be delighted eh TeeJ? 😛

aP
    Free Member

I think its quite funny, and quite representative of British attitudes to this kind of thing generally.

TimP
    Free Member

It is so annoying that everyone following Eng has seen we had no game plan for a long time now and we have solely relied on player skill to get us any results. I would be happy to take a couple (more) years of indifferent results if I thought that at the end of it all we had a Union that was not wasting money and talent and had a definitive setup and coaching system that was kept up to date. I had hoped that Jonno was going to bring that in, but it was clear after a couple of months it wasnt the case and since then it has been very difficult to get excited about an international. Since about 2004 the Saxons have regularly played exciting rugby and got decent results and I would gladly have paid to watch them, but they seem to play in West Country and up north a bit more.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

DD40(bravisimo) you know – I actually got tired of the schadenfreude in the run up to the world cup.

I feel heart sick for the good modest folk struggling to make it work. However there are some very dysfunctional and arroagant people around and in the team.

I especially fell sorry for Johnson – he took the job without the skillsand experience to make it work and was badly let down by a load of folk including Tindall

TimP
    Free Member

TJ it is only news as it has been leaked, and now something has to give (ie Andrew and all the “old farts”, and all the coaches and most of the players)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

DD40(bravisimo) you know – I actually got tired of the schadenfreude in the run up to the world cup.

I feel heart sick for the good modest folk struggling to make it work. However there are some very dysfunctional and arroagant people around and in the team.

I especially fell sorry for Johnson – he took the job without the skillsand experience to make it work and was badly let down by a load of folk including Tindall

I know TeeJ, I was only teasing in the absence of O’Flashearty/a_a/Pigface/IdleJon schadenfreude.

I agree with you – what I find surprising is the “senior” players’ attitude towards their manager and representing their country in general. They sound like a bunch of footballers. I would have thought Johnson had the players’ respect. I’m not sure all this airing of the dirty laundry in public will do any good. A load of people in the middle somewhere will lose their jobs while the old farts still hang about to mess it all up again.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I’ll take a bet Rob Andrew holds on to his job

binners

Rugby Players and Ex Rugby Players in Acting Like a Bunch of Nob Ends Shocka.

Christ on a bike! Look at the average Hacket-clad group of hooraaays you see down the pub. The only surprise is that anyone’s surprised

joao3v16
    Free Member

Oooh, I’m so cross about this. If I see any of them I’m going to give them a damn good frowning. I may even go so far as to shake my fist in their general direction. And ‘tut’ very loudly. That’s how angry I am.

whytetrash

You have the deepest sympathy from the rest of the home nations 😉

TimP
    Free Member

As long as we don’t end up with your cast off coaches (Eddie O’Sullivan)

Coyote
    Free Member

Thing is a lot of fans actually look forward to these events that happen once every four years. When complete and utter ****s like Tindall really can’t be arsed taking it seriously then it grates. I’ve no particular axe to grind with Andrew but he does look a bit of a dick claiming that the fault for everything lies elsewhere and that he is pretty much blameless. Johnson I feel sorry for to an extent however he is too close to the players and as he didn’t have the balls to bring them in line then he had to go.

To go to the world cup as they did and perform to that degree was absolutely despicable. If the leaked reports are to be believed then Moody et al should never seen an England shirt again. Like with the football there are too many players who know that they only have to turn up to get a game.

whytetrash

TimP….I wouldn’t burn any bridges..more ruling themselves out of the England job than putting themselves forward!

ratherbeintobago

Until they get their house in order, it doesn’t really matter who is the coach (assuming anyone will take what looks like a poisoned chalice).

Andrew needs to go.

Andy

wrecker
    Free Member

I think only 2 (?) people have put their hands up for the job. Loads have no interest in the role and who can blame them?
    People talk and after a few phone calls, they will know what the state of the RFU is and the amount of shite they’re likely to get. Even if you were winning games, it would still be a rubbish job.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

THere’ll probably be another committee convened to look into whether Rob Andrew keeps his job and it’ll be chaired by Rob Andrew!

He was disgraceful in that press conference (for MJs resignation) when challenged about his own tenancy he immediately referred to MJs failures instead.

I don’t think any (decent) coach will put his hand up until he knows under whom he’ll be working.

Scamper
    Free Member

Makes staggering reading in the Times today. Even more reasons not to bother going to watch England play these days when the cost of a day out gets you a season ticket to premiership and HC rugby.

thegreatape
    Free Member

RFU in RRFU shocker

binners

I’m pleased that the rugger buggers have been brought up to speed, have caught up, and are now held in as high a regard as our great nations footballers. Delivering, as they did, a performance to rival that shower in South Africa last year.

anagallis_arvensis

Can anyone actually post whats been written? I feel a bit sorry for johnson, its not his fault he was given the job when he had no experience.

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 one of the funniest things I have read in ages.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AA

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/nov/23/leaked-reports-england-world-cup?intcmp=239

I think the times has a lot more but its behind a paywall

duckman

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Can anyone actually post whats been written? I feel a bit sorry for johnson, its not his fault he was given the job when he had no experience.

POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

Buy a paper you tight Welsh git.

The reports are no surprise. If you contrast Warburton’s interview in the Times with Ashton’s the next week. Ashton banging on about how he is suing the papers over the hotel room business,despite having been fined for his part in it.Warburton going on about how much he loves the game. Somewhere along the line it has to be an honour to play for England,the behaviour of a number of them during the WC suggested they viewed it as either a right or a payday.Maybe the very public implosion taking place can be the best thing for them…..But I hope not! (I am Scottish after all 😀 )

thegreatape
    Free Member
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I heard Warburton’s interview on 5Live last week duckie. Jeez, what a guy. Can’t remember his exact words but his acceptance of what had happened to him in the game against Australia was exceptional. I really admire him for that (a lot more than some of the other Welsh players). Meanwhile Ashton spits his dummy out like a child. Well, I suppose he is from League. 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

England’s calamity in New Zealand

A calamity is someone dying, not some jumped up sportmen failing to do their job properly. 🙄

duckman

Alas DD; as good as Warburton is, I feel he is too pale of skin for our resident Welsh person to ever get behind him, or let Warburton get behind him…. 😈

anagallis_arvensis

Pigface
    Free Member

Brian Moore talking about it on 5 Live, pulling no punches 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Brian Moore talking about it on 5 Live, pulling no punches

Listening to it while cooking dinner. I’m shouting..”Go on Brian, say who you think it is, go on, go on, go on, go on…”

CaptJon
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    one of the funniest things I have read in ages.

+1

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘RFU – What a mess/disgrace!’ is closed to new replies.