• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by st.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Revolution Bike Park; On AM Bikes…..
  • jskiffin
    Free Member

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if Revs is do-able on an AM?

The write-ups seem to say DH Bikes and at a push slacker Enduro bikes, anyone think differently?

Cheers,
    John.

peachos
    Free Member

depends on your skill level. all ridable on a 150mm bike in the right hands – there’s always a couple of riders on not fully blown out dh bikes. its pretty steep in places, but great fun. the best tracks in the uk imo.

scruff
    Free Member

Fine on a normal bike if you’re an Ok rider, if its wet put decent winter tyres on.

banks
    Free Member

Been once, mate was on a dmr bolt and rinsed the lot of us!!

You wouldn’t die..

jskiffin
    Free Member

Running Hans Dampf and (at least I think) I’m a fairly capable rider, I’m no Atherton but confident in most settings.

Ride a Pitch on 160mm Lyriks and 150mm RP23 so it can handle most things. I ride more AM and Trail Centres than anything else, but happy to hit Stiniog (blue/red, not done the black yet), Cockhill and other such DH Trails, there aren’t many in our neck of the woods. That said the DH trails aren’t anything massive or overly extreme!

Just concerned in case I find myself at a near vertical angle all day with 10ft gap jumps every 10yrds haha

peachos
    Free Member

it’s mostly proper DH stuff – steep, rooty and a bit ghetto. there are some necky drops to contend with (i.e. not massive, but short run in/out) on the harder tracks, but mainly wheels on the ground. your bike will be fine. the FR line will entertain you if everything else gets a bit too much.

danoodog
    Free Member

Is it doable on a slacked out hardtail ?

st

It’s all doable but don’t compare it to Antur in anyway other than it starts at the top of a hill and heads to the bottom.

I went with Scruff in the Summer in dust but as he’s said above I’d want ‘Screams on after some rain.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Revolution Bike Park; On AM Bikes…..’ is closed to new replies.