Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Revgrips Suspension Grips
  • nairnster
    Free Member

I was thinking of giving these a try and after asking some questions via email I decided to take the plunge.

I was going to go for the cheaper option of the Race series and had them in the basket.

Then the shipping came up. Essentially £22 delivery.

No UK dealer listed, but there is no way I am paying £22 delivery.

Anyone using these who can persuade me the cost would be worth it?

Thanks

warpcow
    Free Member

Sick sell them in the UK, I believe.  I’ve also been interested by them, but it’ll probably take me a few more months of putting them in and out of the basket before I do it.

edit: https://sickbicycle.co/collections/components/products/revgrips-race-series-grip

nairnster
    Free Member

Ahh great. Thanks for that.  I had been looking on their own website and they didn’t have any dealers listed for the UK.

**** it, ordered. They have a money back guarantee if you don’t like them.

RobHilton
    Free Member

The perfect solution to that non-problem no-one’s ever been bothered about!

nairnster
    Free Member

You say that but that’s your opinion.

Since a crash two years ago where a broken wrist was missed by a&e and pre existing shoulder problems I often experience pain.  I have tried loads of grips, different bars etching and the pain is still there at one level or another.  If this helps me enjoy my biking more without being in pain hours after I figure it’s worth a shot.

cnud
    Free Member

I ordered some from Sick a month ago, unfortunately they are not in stock although the website doesn’t make this clear. I enquired after a fortnight of hearing nothing to be told they were awaiting clearing customs. Another fortnight later still nothing… and they have my money. 😭 Apparently Setchfield Cycles are going to get them in soon and we’re far more helpful than Sick, who will hopefully come good, eventually. Maybe.

tomhoward

I ordered some from Sick a month ago, unfortunately they are not in stock although the website doesn’t make this clear. I enquired after a fortnight of hearing nothing to be told they were awaiting clearing customs. Another fortnight later still nothing… and they have my money.

Had a ton of abuse back from them yet?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Another fortnight later still nothing… and they have my money.

I trust PayPal have your arse covered if you don’t get your grips within a reasonable time?

cnud
    Free Member

Hopefully not required but yeah I guess so. I’m also guessing customer service is not really their thing.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Nope, not in my experience of buying a frame.  Not bad guys but maybe not as focused on customers who have paid up front as I’d like.

doomanic

I suffer from numb hands and I’ve been using these for the last few months.

AbsoluteBLACK silicone grips launched

I removed them last weekend as one was definitely past it’s best and I can really feel how much good they were doing. I’m tempted to try the REVS grips but they are so bloody expensive!

longmover
    Free Member

I have Revs, They replaced some death grips. So far they been really good, I have a race ones (from Sick) and will get some pros for my new build.

They have really helped my wrist and arm pump issues, which are quite bad in one arm due to a number of previous injuries. You can feel the difference on trails with a lot chatter. Next time I would like the suspension a little softer hence going for the pro.

snooze
    Free Member

A friend of mine, who has pain in his wrist from torn/frayed tendons that impact on nerves, uses them he says they seem to help.

kristoff
    Free Member

I’ve got a set on order from Cyclorise Who are now the UK distributor. If they’re half as good as the reviews I’ve read then I’ll be very happy!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Saw these the other day on http://www.cyclorise.com, looks like they’re now importing them. I was sniffing around the revised version of the Sahmurai Swords which look interesting. Tempted by both.

Clearly, I’m not as good at the linky stuff as kristoff.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Looks like STW will be reviewing them too

zerolight
    Free Member

I’m not sure I can justify the spend on these, do they really work?

I just have to sit on a bike and my hands get sore. I’ve tried different bar sweeps, saddle positions, bikes, stem lengths, etc. I don’t grip too hard and in fact I’m consciously making sure I don’t. My hands still hurt pretty quickly, especially between thumb and index finger.

I used to use ODI Rogue (haven’t for a while, but recall they were OK). Recently have tried the Brendogs, the ODI Pro things that are half waffle, half padded, the default Santa Cruz grips that came on the bike. None have helped.

I might try Rogues again, or the ODI F-1 foam things.

chaos

Tried some Ergon grips? the flex of the ‘wing’ part makes quite a difference as it spreads the load over more of your hand.

That in combination with gloves such as the Specialized Grail gloves which have the padding in the middle of the palm rather than on top of the nerves at the base of the palm have really helped me.

zerolight
    Free Member

Haven’t tried the Ergons in a while. Father has them on his bike in France but not ridden it in a few years. Didn’t love them, didn’t hate them either. I’ve got a pair of Specialized body geo gloves that are OK – but I find there’s padding missing behind the knuckles. Those grail gloves look quite different t though. Thanks.

bruneep

jeepers how much 😳

funkmasterp

That’s a hell of a lot of money for grips. I suppose if they work for some folk though then it’s worth it to them. I think over £20 is expensive

longmover
    Free Member

It is a lot of money for grips, I have the Race versions which you can’t tune. They are probably the best upgrade I have put on my bike as they allow my to ride with less fatigue in my hands and forearms. They do offer a 30 day trial on them. The complaints you hear are from people who haven’t tried them, don’t fully understand how they effect thing your grip. They are a godsend over chattery trails.

bonzodog
    Free Member

I’m struggling here.

How can a pair of bar grips be priced at £100 and people buy them?

World gone mad.

plus-one

^wot he says^

tomhoward

How can a pair of bar grips be priced at £100 and people buy them?

Essentially suspension to tune out trail buzz better than anything else on the market. Not important, necessarily, if you don’t have wrist issues, but a godsend if you do.

russyh
    Free Member

I saw them, liked the idea but can’t get my head around the price.

Poopscoop

Damn it. I love the idea too…. but I’ve just bought some cheap second-hand suspension forks for a bit less than that.😳

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Revgrips Suspension Grips’ is closed to new replies.