Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reversing Bulb Replacement
  • Premier Icon The Pinkster

The reversing lights on the PinkMobile are, to be frank, absolutely abysmal, can hardly see a thing behind me when I’m reversing onto my drive, so I’ve decided to try & replace them.

Problem is I can’t find find anything brighter than a P21W that will do the job.

does anyone out there have any suggestions on what I can replace the current P21W’s with?

Cheers.

Premier Icon aracer
    Free Member

Just reversing onto your drive? Wouldn’t it be easier to provide lighting from something other than your car?

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

turn on your foglight is how i cope when reversing into dark driveways…. but as above – i just fitted lighting on my drive so it was not a dark drive.

Premier Icon The Pinkster

Well it’s reversing a lot of places TBH. And replacing with brighter bulbs would be a lot cheaper than installing lighting to the end of the drive.

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

just fit a foglight bulb.

they tend to be brighter – and usually its the lense in most cases that makes it red.

on my cars – one side is the foglight and the identical light/fitting on the otherside is the reversing light.

but as i said my reversing light is pish so i just turn on the fog light when i need the extra light.

Premier Icon aracer
    Free Member

I checked my bulbs, and as I thought both the fog and reversing are 21W, which I thought was the highest rating for a standard (non headlight) bulb. Though they’re not interchangeable anyway as the fog is a dual filament with the tail light.

The reason for recommending something other than upgrading the bulbs is that you’re unlikely to be do that easily.

Premier Icon cranberry
    Free Member

Replace the P21W with an LED – you’ll get substantially more light out of an LED.

Premier Icon backinireland
    Free Member

Fit extra lights or brighter led bulbs

Read through this thread here

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic102957.html

When I had the landrover I discovered that there was wiring on both sides for a reverse lamp but only a lamp on one side, possibly for left hand drive markets. I bought another lamp and wired it in hence the extra light below the foglight. I also fitted the rear work lamp with a 100watt bulb and a switch on the dash to turn it on when reversing. Also useful for tail gaters or those who didn’t dip when behind……

http://www.macmillan4x4.co.uk/Photos/landy12.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reversing Bulb Replacement’ is closed to new replies.