Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • reverse typing update ( keylogger caught it!)
  • kaiser
    Free Member

maybe I’m jumping the gun but had my first reversed word appear just now since installing the keylogger . I was searching for matt black rhino tape on ebay . look what appeared then see the keylog result below. I was using chrome as suspected and it appears I’m not going mad after all.

[url=https://treetop100babynames.com/]baby boy names 2015 unique[/url]

trail_rat
    Free Member

thats not reversed …..

BUT – are you using a wireless keyboard ? looks just like delayed via a shit interface or lag in your computer.

molgrips
    Free Member

Which bit’s which? I’m confused. And it hasn’t got rhino backwards, just scrambled.

DezB
    Free Member

Typo 😆

DezB
    Free Member

Matt Black Rhino is a lovely name for a baby boy though. He’d grow up tough.

kaiser
    Free Member

No just standard keypad . As for rhino not being reversed ..most of it is !

kaiser
    Free Member

Maybe reversed is the wrong term …backwards or ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

jumbled up would be how id describe it .

kaiser
    Free Member

well apart from the “i” it has typed/ appeared right to left

DezB
    Free Member

apart from the “i” it has I have typed

That baby name page is rubbish. My son’s name isn’t in any of the lists but Ace, Luxury and Musaka are!!

scotroutes

We’ve been through this. What appears on the screen once you’ve stopped typing isn’t telling you/us anything.

kaiser
    Free Member

but the keylogger says I typed it correctly in the correct order ffs
    maybe this time is not backwards/whatever but what appeared on the screen is not what I typed according to the logger

kaiser
    Free Member

I really have no idea what that baby name link is related to . seem to get some weird link everytime I use postimage.org

toby1

Glad the keylogger ruled out the order they keys were pressed in.

I am not sure how you go from here to identifying the problem, but the fact your URL’s come out screwy sounds like some sort of mallware to me.

kaiser
    Free Member

thanks mate ..the URL business only happens with postimage.org and I’ve done fairly thorough checks re malware .

kaiser
    Free Member

I’ve scanned with hitman pro, windows defender and malwarebytes

Greybeard
    Free Member

It seems to affect whole words, so the spacebar may somehow be triggering it. Where is the left arrow key relative to your hand when you press space? Does the keylogger detect presses on the arrow key?

Cougar

I’m assuming the highlighting is yours?

It seems to affect whole words, so the spacebar may somehow be triggering it.

Yes. And, crucially perhaps, there are no spaces. It’s as though hitting space doesn’t send a space but rather puts the keyboard into some sort of odd mode, then hitting space again clears it.

If it weren’t for the fact that it’d happened on another computer, I’d be leaning towards a faulty keyboard at this point. Driver issue maybe? Go to device manager, right-click on the keyboard entry and select Update Driver.

Failing that, I expect this will fix it:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-MK270-Wireless-Keyboard-Windows/dp/B00CL6353A/

Remind me again, what’s the make and model of your laptop? Is your missus’ the same?

Cougar

see the keylog result below

Where’s that then? The second image would suggest that it entered “ionhr” when you typed “helicopter,” which is special indeed.

kaiser
    Free Member

the left arrow key is miles away and the keylogger does show other buttons pressed . before I typed the word I had pressed a backspace and that’s all

kaiser
    Free Member

I had previously searched for matt black helicopter tape. I then opened another tab to do something else. After that I went back and removed the “helicopter” using backspace key and entered “rhino”

Onzadog
    Free Member

Want a boy to grow up tough? Call him “Sue”.

scotroutes

Did you backspace and then use the spacebar?

kaiser
    Free Member

i used backspace ( iirc) to erase the word “helicopter”. keylogger shows backspace then rhino. no spacebar

scotroutes

So the backspace key was sticking down or the keyboard buffer was full of extra backspaces?

kaiser
    Free Member

backspace key not stuck down ……….don’t know about buffers ..probably just held it in to erase

kaiser
    Free Member

Sorry Cougar missed your earlier question . My laptop is a dell inspiron 1 yr old …missus’s has a an 8 yr old toshiba L something or other. can’t be keyboard as happens on both …only common denominator is chrome /similar extensions

kaiser
    Free Member

option to update driver is greyed out but details show it is 2006 driver so will search and try and find more recent but i do use dell support assist which thoroughly check the laptop and keeps everything updated

kaiser
    Free Member

when I said the keylogger shows other buttons pressed I meant to say WILL show ….. it only showed backspace before Rhino but will ..(if pressed) show backwards and forward arrow presses

Cougar

My laptop is a dell inspiron 1 yr old

Asset tag then, please.

only common denominator is chrome /similar extensions

Didn’t you say you were going to try Firefox? How did that work out?

What extensions do you have installed?

kaiser
    Free Member

not sure what asset tag is but will try and find!
    Yes I used firefox and nothing went wrong but to be fair it has only gone funny once since we last conversed a few days ago and that was this morning when i was on chrome. Got loads of extensions can try and detail if wanted but as I said I disabled them all a few months ago and the problem continued that’s why i wonder if they have to be uninstalled completely ( if indeed one is causing the problem)

Cougar

not sure what asset tag is but will try and find!

It’s Dell’s version of a serial number. It’ll be a sticker on the underside, a series of maybe 7 alphanumeric characters. Might say “service tag” or similar. It’s probably visible in that support assistant thing too.

kaiser
    Free Member

Cougar

Oh, incognito mode should disable all extensions (I think). Try that?

Cougar

Perfect. It’s an Inspiron 5559.

Try this for starters,
    https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER05207121M/1/Inspiron5459_152.exe

Cougar
    kaiser
    Free Member

well I guess i can do but it may take a long while to prove .As I said ..I already disabled them so would that be any different?

kaiser
    Free Member

Updating now and restarting

molgrips
    Free Member

It can’t really be the keyboard – if the computer really thought that’s what you’d typed then the keylogger would say the same thing, wouldn’t it?

Cougar

That’s a very good point.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘reverse typing update ( keylogger caught it!)’ is closed to new replies.