Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Reverb/seat clamp
  • buckster
    Free Member

I serviced my seat post the other day (Reverb) and it was working just fine. I tightened the clamp to the maximum I could using a fixing paste still allowing the post to ‘thunk’. On the next ride though the post slid down inside the tube. The issue I have is that tightening it further causes the post to get stuck halfway. I’m not sure but I think I can potentially fix this by changing the seat post for one that distributes the pressure more evenly. Perhaps like this one.

Anyone else tried this?

Original. I think it might be a bit too ‘pinchy’…

nickdavies

Looks like your seat clap is inbuilt – how do you change that? I’d say the seat tube is the problem not the clamp- I’ve got 3 reverbs all different clamps all fine, quite slim too. Torqued to 4nm i think with the post covered in assembly compound or carbon paste and they’re all fine.

If you’re doing that maybe try the old fashioned coke can shim?

Maltloaf

Is your reverb pumped up to the correct pressure. I had a similar problem but pumping up the reverb to the correct pressure resolved it.

buckster
    Free Member

Is your reverb pumped up to the correct pressure. I had a similar problem but pumping up the reverb to the correct pressure resolved it.

Ahhh, that could be a gem of info, thanks.

If you’re doing that maybe try the old fashioned coke can shim?

I was thinking of cutting the inbuilt mount off. I thought of using a can to see if it spread the load more evenly, thanks for your thought, it might help

buckster
    Free Member

Nope, pressure is fine, bugger

buckster
    Free Member

Eventually, checked air, serviced/bleed and used a can shim and all seems well so far. I guess the tolerances on a steel seat tube are not as tight as we would imagine/like

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Reverb/seat clamp’ is closed to new replies.