Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Reverb won't stay up after hose shortening
  • Susie
    Free Member

I bought a new Rockshox Reverb and shortened the hose on it yesterday. To start with we accidentally unscrewed the lever from the adjuster, instead of from the cable and a bit of fluid came out. We put it back together and unscrewed the correct bit, shortened it and put it back together, but now it doesn’t work. We thought this was due to the lost fluid, so think it will need a bleed, however, all the instructions say that this should be done with the post up, but the post won’t stay up. It will lift up by pulling on it, but as soon as we let go, it goes back down again. The air pressure is fine. Anyone know what we should do, before I take it to a shop to sort out? Thanks.

carlos
    Free Member

Mate of mine did the same thing, brought it round to me as he was stumped.

I sorted it for him by doing the following – Leave fitted to the bike and attach a half filled syringe to the lever bleed port. Press on the syringe and the reverb button at the same time, it might take a few goes but it will work. Then once the post is up bleed as normal.

HTH

Susie
    Free Member

Thanks. I’ll give that a try tomorrow.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Reverb won't stay up after hose shortening’ is closed to new replies.