Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reverb stuck, bleed?
  • cogglepin

Just got the full suss out of the loft after 2 years of not riding it and the reverb is stuck in the up position. What’s the consensus, will a bleed fix it or does it need to go away for a service?
    Thanks.

coatesy
    Free Member

It may well fix it, got to be worth a go, especially if you have your own bleed kit.

adamr28
    Free Member

If the first part of the lever throw feels like it’s doing nothing / is spongy, try this… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tucRrDLiivw

cogglepin

Thanks guys, I’ve got a bleed kit so will give it a go tomorrow.

binman

Bleed should fix it

Don’t forget to wind the speed adjuster in (slow) as I just did 🙂 for the bleed.

Good luck

Rubber_Buccaneer

Worth a lever bleed first but I just dug a 125mm drop reverb out (only 125, remember those?) after a couple of years of sitting on a shelf and I think a bushing must have stuck somewhere.  Once it was in the bike a few bounces of my full 70kg and it was moving again.

cogglepin

I did wonder about bouncing up and down on it but was worried I might ruin it! Think I will bleed it first then give that a try.

cogglepin

Update, did a full bleed and to be honest I wasn’t expecting much from it but low and behold reassembled everything and it’s working perfect! Well chuffed! Thanks guys.

adamr28
    Free Member

Great stuff!

For completeness (sorry for my lack of detail earlier) – from what I can work out, there are two completely separate circuits in a Reverb. There’s the air circuit for making it go up when you push the lever, and the ‘hydraulic’ circuit which opens a valve allowing it to move (both up and down).

So a lot of slow or ‘stuck’ Reverb issues are down to an issue in the hydraulic circuit. If there’s air in the system, the valve doesn’t open far enough to allow the post to move – either at all, or as fast as it should. This is why screwing the adjuster ‘in’ (towards +) makes the post move faster – it introduces ‘preload’ into the hydraulic system, meaning when you push the trigger it opens the valve further and oil can flow more quickly.

Had slow moving issues with mine the other day and the first part of the lever throw was decidedly spongy, so the ‘top up trick’ worked just fine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reverb stuck, bleed?’ is closed to new replies.