Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Reverb Stealth, how to chose drop 125mm or 150mm
  • paulneenan76
    Free Member

As the title says; what’s the general rule of thumb to determine required drop? I have the option of choosing 125mm or 150mm in the bike configurator and don’t want to get it wrong. Would a 150mm mean fully extended it might sit too high for me? Having demoed the bike, a large frame is spot on and think it was 125 drop.

Ta

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ring them and ask them 🙂

lucky7500

The 150 means that when fully extended you can have the saddle at the same height as with the 125, but with less of the non dropper part of the post sticking out of the seat tube. Ultimately meaning that you should be able to drop the saddle lower than with the 125. If the demo didn’t have much of the lower part of the dropper sticking out then you should probably stick with the 125 for the reason you say though.

crashrash

drop you need depends on the saddle height and how much seat post is out of the frame though 125 likely to be right. I have an XL Whyte with 125 but with me on board could have gone up to 150.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Great, thanks.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Get the biggest drop you can get away with.

Saddle height less seat tube length will give you the space to work with.

Measure saddle height from a bike you have have.

Seat tube size from the new bike website.

Allow from saddle (or measure to the rails), Charge saddles are 50mm.

A 150mm Reverb needs 215mm from bottom of the collar to middle of the saddle rails. A 125 needs 25mm less of course.

benpinnick

My advice would be…

Measure your current bike from middle of the BB to saddle rails at max height you ever run it. Subtract from this the seatube size of the new bike. That gives you the effective seatpost exposed on the new bike once set to your height.

Subtract from this 80mm. That is a combination of 65mm allowed for the reverb post collar and head, plus 15mm leeway. You want some manual height adjustment in a reverb in my opinion. Running it slammed onto the seat clamp is not a good idea for all possible conditions/rides.

Then, buy the biggest post that is shorter than the number you’re left with. If its 137 then get a 125, 164 get a 150 etc…. If its say 148 then a 150 would be viable, you’ll only have 13mm of ‘room’, not the 15mm I suggested, so obviously application of common sense applies too….

I can feel a ‘reverb size suggester widget’ coming on for our website….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Stealth, how to chose drop 125mm or 150mm’ is closed to new replies.