Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Reverb Stealth – bit sticky
  • honourablegeorge

My reverb has a bit of initial stiction – if it’s compressed, and I hit the button, it doesn’t move up without a wee push – once that initial friction is broken, it’s good for the rest of the ride, but I’m thinking it could probably use a wee lubing or something internaly

WHat’s the quick, easy (and preferably no bleed0 way to lube a Reverb Stealth?

danrandon
    Free Member

I always use Juice lubes suspension lube spray on the outside of the moving post, lift the seal slightly and let it penetrate. I use it pre and post ride and have never:

a: died
    b: had mine stick

I’ve had my post for over a year and it’s been through hell and back.

honourablegeorge

Yeah, I use that too.

Just wondering if I can undo the large outer nut on the lower shaft, slide the seal up, and do a quick clean and grease underneath, like you could with the older KS posts

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Yeh, you can undo that large top cap nut. I’ve undone it and lubed the seal with some grease and Fox float fluid. It worked well.

honourablegeorge

getonyourbike – Member
    Yeh, you can undo that large top cap nut. I’ve undone it and lubed the seal with some grease and Fox float fluid. It worked well.

Ta – just went to do it, but by adjustable wrench is a hair too small.

No need to let air out before undoing it, right?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Leave the air. That cap is only the dust wiper seal and top bushing, so no air.

devash
    Free Member

Give the seals a good lubing / greasing.

Rock Shox stuff seems to come quite dry from the factory.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Stealth – bit sticky’ is closed to new replies.