Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Reverb remotes…Bit fragile aren't they?
  • h4muf
    Free Member

reverb by h4muf, on Flickr

reverb by h4muf, on Flickr

Bizzarely caught my sleeve on my remote,fell off,broke front lamp and snapped remote off!!

dirtydog
    Free Member

Yes and ridiculously expensive to replace!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

How much are they?

h4muf
    Free Member

Cheapest i’ve found is £44!!!

dirtydog
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    How much are they?

POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

The full thing (remote) is around £110.00 however I managed to pick one up for bargaintastic price of £80.00.

h4muf – Member
    Cheapest i’ve found is £44!!!

POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

That’s just the button kit, if the inner bore has been scratched/scored you’ll need the whole thing and it’s still a ridiculous price for what you get.

OP should get away with the button kit, mine snapped internally and scratched the inner bore

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That’s **** bonkers money.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

why on earth would you want to put it where it’s barely reachable anyway??

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

😯

deadkenny
    Free Member

Many go with the standard position sticking out above the bars. Flip the bike over for spot of maintenance on the trail… snap! 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

So are under seat levers still a shit idea??

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Many go with the standard position sticking out above the bars

Whatever, I meant it’s too far away from the grip for all but a finger contortionist.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Mine is under bar on the left but then I’m 1×10 so there’s no shifter in the way 😉

float
    Free Member

yes

Junkyard
    Free Member

trying taking your hand of the bars and grabbing under your seat when you want to lower – unless it is very smooth you need to stop. In reality you have a very expensive slightly quicker quick release lever

Never broke my GD remote and that is $20 for everything but you can buy it in bits so unlikely to break it all

yetiman1
    Free Member

Ha, just posted on this very topic on PB last night. Caught mine on shorts on a switchback the other night(mounted under bar on left), totally gutted, £40+ :cry:. RS really need to look at pricing and stop taking the piss! So it’s standard post till the end of Jan for me, unless Santa’s reading this!

Northwind

bigyinn – Member

Yes

JoeG
    Free Member

B.A.Nana – Member

why on earth would you want to put it where it’s barely reachable anyway??

So you don’t break it! Duh! 😆

sbob
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member

trying taking your hand of the bars and grabbing under your seat when you want to lower – unless it is very smooth you need to stop.

I remember dropping my normal seat post with QR on the fly, seat gripped between the thighs. 😀
    There certainly was a knack. 😕

mudfish

Hia,
    you still got the knob?
    my Reverb switch shaft broke after a shorts catch and my bikeshop mate ran me up a stronger plunger shaft on his lathe. The standard one is cast and seems prone to snapping.
    I could put you in touch, he might be up for it
    email me offlist, see profile, let me know where you are based
    neil

h4muf
    Free Member

Please Neil!

Couldn’t find the knob 🙁

MarkN
    Free Member

This was another reason that the Reverb was not my dropper of choice.

Trimix
    Free Member

Mine is under my LH bar, no shifter there.

In two years of falling off, riding through bushes etc I only managed to break mine by crashing on a set of doubles. I ended up sticking my thigh into the lever and effectively stabbing myself. It was a quality crash.

I paid about £40 odd via TF tuned. I dont think its fragile, no more so than say a shifter.

Way better than trying to let go of the bar and grab one under you seat. Not only will you look like Micheal Jackson, you will also have let go of the bars just when you need to be in control.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Reverb remotes…Bit fragile aren't they?’ is closed to new replies.