Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Reverb remote mounting
  • xcentric
    Free Member

Just fiddled with my reverb remote mounting. Running, from bar end inwards, brakes, xt shifters, reverb (lh mount upside down on the right) and have found that, by loosening the shifter mount, can slide the reverb piston between the flat plate on the shifter and the bar- makes for a neat solution. Am guessing that the shifter body is under slight tension now as its just a few mm out of position, but I can’t foresee any issues with this – can anyone else?

coatesy
    Free Member

Used to get problems with some shifter’s levers not returning when the brake lever was pressing against them at that point, yours may be fine though.

messiah
    Free Member

I have left grip, upside down reverb, shifter, brake lever. Takes a bit of effort to slide them all into position so they all work and don’t interfere is tricky, but worth it. Love them all.

Superficial
    Free Member

I spent about an hour trying different methods with mine. Frustratingly, it won’t quite sit between the shifter and the bar. Now I have just inside of the shifter which means I need to move my hand slightly to press it. First world problems, eh?

xcentric
    Free Member

Superficial – that was my initial finding – but by looseing off the shifter mount, you can get it in there -with XT, anyway. I put leccy tape on the piston to keep it looking pristine as it may scratch getting it in…..

mrplow
    Free Member

Me and my friend run the same as messiah. It is a reach to get to the left shifter but you never have to rush to it anyway. :mrgreen:

messiah
    Free Member

It took me a while to figure out exactly how this would go together but it does, and it’s briliant. I’ve had it the same with an XT shifter instead of the HammerSchmit X9 you see here.

xcentric
    Free Member

@messiah – nice setup. I run my brakes the other side of the shifters at the mo so can’t do that – so mine go where your gold-bolted brake clamp is – but I’d not thought you could slide it between shifter lever and bar. Seen one where they cut the shift lever! Good to know there are options if I move brakes inboard too.

messiah
    Free Member

One finger braking only with my set up… which is the way I like it.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’ve got the new XT brakes so the lever’s significantly shorter than other brakesets.

Messiah – I’ll have another play with it at some point, although I’m about 90% sure it can’t be done with my XTR shifters. Do you have a picture of your setup? The (9 speed) XTR shifters have a detachable bar mount so I’ve toyed with the idea of somehow bending that / fabricating another one (or a matchmaker-compatible bracket for the right side).

maxtorque

Yup, the key is to get used to 1 finger brake lever work, then you can shunt everything inboard, and make a nice little gap for the remote piston right next to the grip, where you can thumb it easily 😉

messiah
    Free Member

Yep, worth training yourself to be a one finger brake-er-er. For twenty years I used two, and last year I re-learned. One is all you need.

Superficial
    Free Member

I only use 1 finger, but the XT levers are really small – so they need to sit outboard of the gears/reverb lever.

xcentric
    Free Member

@superficial – mine sit inboard of the brakes, and the brakes themselves are about a mount-width inside the grips – so they’re set up for 2 finger braking, not 3 (nor 1!). Then the XT shifters, and that’s just right, However, I’ve got large hands, so that clearly makes a difference…..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Reverb remote mounting’ is closed to new replies.