Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • reverb problems,advice please
  • markyboy
    Free Member

Hi
    Having problems with my reverb(non stealth).it started going slow then eventualy stuck down.I have reset air and rebled.When you bleed it it feels great till you use it a few times then it sticks down again.Rebleed,same again!!.When stuck down it will pull up but feels as if you are pulling against a vacum and it pops back down..any ideas?

SirHC

Never pull up on the post, you will pull air into the hydraulic cartridge.

Is there a leak coming from the hose/lever/bottom of post ?

jam-bo

i had this on a stealth. the termination of the hose at the reverb end was leaking.

markyboy
    Free Member

Hi no sign of any leaks but ill have another close look

carlos
    Free Member

If its less than 2 years old take it back to the shop and ask them to send it for a warranty fix. Sounds like an iffy seal

Paul-B

Did you have to shorten the hose or anything? Has it been like it long? Sounds like there’s a leak at one of the joints letting air in. This happened to me, turns out I hadn’t got the hose properly located on the barb at the pop-loc button end. It’s been OK since…although it’s f*cked now but that’s for a different reason!

tillydog
    Free Member

Sounds like there’s a leak at one of the joints letting air in oil out.

It only needs to be a drop or two and the remote will stop working.

bouncecycles
    Free Member

We get a few in for service that are fine once bled, but after several times cycling up and down they can begin to slow again.

Leaks seem to be the most common reason for this but we do get a few that leak air back into the hose. Can be sorted no problem as part of a service/seal change or very likely to be covered under warranty if still in date.

deadkenny
    Free Member

bouncecycles – Member 
    We get a few in for service that are fine once bled, but after several times cycling up and down they can begin to slow again.

I’ve got one that does this, though it doesn’t suck down, it just gets slower until it stops moving at all.

Weird thing is, I get it home in the warm and it starts working again and can go back to full speed even.

I’m not sure if it’s the temperature (done this in not that cold conditions and the very cold), or just through use and stopping using it for a bit seems to help. Except now where I’ve not used it for weeks having taken it off the bike and now it won’t budge at all.

Noting that I swapped the LH lever for an older RH lever and I do suspect the RH is iffy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘reverb problems,advice please’ is closed to new replies.