Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Reverb problem – help with diagnosis please!
  • siwhite
    Free Member

A rather strange Reverb problem presents itself – can anyone shed any light for me?

After a bleed, the post will only last for three or four lever presses before the lever becomes spongy and the post stops working. The post return speed gets slower each time until it stops. I get a few air bubbles out of the post end, but none from the remote, which I think rules out a remote fault.

Looking at a cutaway of the post, it might seem that the o rings on the poppet or the poppet top cap are at fault. Does this seem like a reasonable diagnosis?

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

I’m assuming you’ve done a full flush through bleed with post adjuster set in – position so could be a few other things to check for :a kinked broken hose that allows fluid to enter hose outer but not show as a leak.Maybe you’ve lost the little O ring at post bleed port or it’s torn/squished so drawing air in.Maybe hose connections need tightening.

jam-bo

Check the termination of the hose at the lever end.

dufusdip
    Free Member

I’ve had similar issues with a non stealth version. Had to replace the barb on the button on the bar that was ever so subtly leaking.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Reverb problem – help with diagnosis please!’ is closed to new replies.