Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • Reverb or Kronolog?
  • Shepdon
    Free Member

As title really, buy a reverb or wait for the kronolog from crank brothers
    Please discuss

sambob
    Free Member

I’d never buy anything with moving parts from CB again, Rockshox FTW.

ruscle
    Free Member

I love my reverb. Just serviced it myself for the first time in 12 months hard use and their was quite a bit of crap inside it, but it still worked sweet. They both have a 2 year warranty so no real risks as if its gonna go wrong it will in 2 years. I would go on price and see what the actual sale price is of the Kronolog when it comes out.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    muddyfunster
    Free Member

How are Crank Bros still in business? Seriously? Do they sell that many multi tools? I can’t think of a single person who’s owned their products and not been burned.

LoCo
    Free Member

Wait and see what the CB unit is like, if it’s between those two only.

2nd generation DSP Bighorn should be available in a couple of months too.

choron
    Free Member

Kronolog is available from one of the German retailers: easily found on Google shopping.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Fox DOSS innit….

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Im waiting to see what the Kronolog is like.

There a a few nice features on it and if it works as it should then would be my choice.

Only thing is it might be a bit expensive, saying that im not sure any seat post is worth over £200!!

muddyfunster
    Free Member

stevewhyte

and if it works as it should

At least once I’d imagine. Maybe twice.

Northwind

Well, to be fair you learn from your mistakes so they should have learned a lot from the Joplins, they made pretty much every mistake possible with those.

You have to be certifiable to buy any new expensive dropper post before it’s been tested in the real world, let alone a CB one. Let someone else pay to be a beta tester.

rwc03
    Free Member

Kronolog looks good, so I’m interested but the crank brothers stuff I’ve owned has all been a bit crap.

speaker2animals

I’d go for a Reverb but wish they had put the hose in the same place that CB have on the Kronolog. Personally I think that is a better solution than the stealth Reverb to me that seems like a real mistake for servicing.

Rik
    Free Member

Loco – will the 2nd bighorn get 100mm travel in 27.2?

honourablegeorge

Rorschach – Member
    Fox DOSS innit….

There’s a few nice things about that design, but the RRP is crazy, and you don’t see fox stuff discounted the way other brands are – I paid 210 Euro for a 2012 Reverb on Monday – Fox DOSS RRP is £350 sterling.

graeme87
    Free Member

i have a reverb on my alpine 160 and its probably the best thing on the bike and thats saying something. love it. get 1

mrelectric

I got a Reverb with my Canyon last July. It is a great thing to have but developed lateral play after 1st ride which got worse, with for & aft play too. It went back to SRAM twice, lastly with a new design of tube. Play came back every time, so may have to just live with it. This is 3rd gen design but it is still not quite everything we’d want.

legend
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

Well, to be fair you learn from your mistakes so they should have learned a lot from the Joplins, they made pretty much every mistake possible with those.

not so sure about that, looks like they’ve shoved an oval shaft into a round seal with the Kronolog

rwc03
    Free Member

Anybody got a Kronolog yet? To add another contender, the Fox DOSS has been announced for May

ashfanman
    Free Member

Fox DROSS innit..

FTFY. 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How are Crank Bros still in business? Seriously? Do they sell that many multi tools? I can’t think of a single person who’s owned their products and not been burned.

5 sets of mallets in the house, 4 sets of candys, will have some of the new ones when I return to the world of work.

Great pedals if you look after them, new ones should be much better.

When they break I get them rebuilt, love them.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Pedals that break? Hmm I’m a Time user myself…

theblackmount
    Free Member

rickmeister

Very happy with the Reverb now I have the hose run sorted so it doesnt kink. Had a Joplin and whist it worked it was ok. Cable actuation will always be suspect for me re weather and crap getting in. The Reverb is an inline post too, joplin is a layback and to get the saddle in the correct position it was forward on the rails which damaged it. Also the actuating pin wouldnt work with some saddles…

Non of this is about the Kronolog but some about cable operated posts…

Reverb for me.

rewski
    Free Member

I hope I don’t regret saying this but my reverb is over a year old and as been fault free out the box, no bleed, no services. I’d be worried about buying any 1st gen kit from cb.

daisbuys
    Free Member

Got my Kronolg delivered today.

Can’t set it up just yet, give me a day or two and I will report back.

Out of the box it looks like a solid post, and by hand it moves smoothly when pushing the post down and then upon releasing so fingers crossed.

neil853
    Free Member

where’s it from? I do like the look of these…..

wrecker
    Free Member

Initial reports on MTBR for the Kronolog don’t make for great reading….

Fox DOSS RRP is £350 sterling.

Unreal. Fox kit is rarely discounted either, so they can get **** (and I’m a fox fan).

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Well, you’re brave, i’ll give you that.

I can’t believe Fox, the Damn Our Seatpost Sucks lever makes the Rockshox one look well engineered, and that’s a serious achievement.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

when on earth is somebody going to make a nice 5 inch version of a 27.2mm dropper post 🙁

shirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrley theres enough buyers out there to make it a worthwhile product for a company? somebodys gotta want to take the risk and do a good one?!?! there are literally thousands and thousands out there after a 27.2

alex222
    Free Member

when on earth is somebody going to make a nice 5 inch version of a 27.2mm dropper post

developed lateral play after 1st ride which got worse, with for & aft play too

rwc03
    Free Member

Looks good daisbuys, interested to know how you get on.

What’s the minimum insertion, i.e. what length of post can you have sticking out?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

what length drop?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

IME my candy’s have outlasted my atac’s by a factor of 3! Still not as reliable as Shimano though, but I’d trade off some long term reliability for every day reliability of the time/CD style binding rather than the mud trap shimano’s and I prefer the floaty feeling rahter than the bolted tot he bike feeling.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

wrecker – Member
    Initial reports on MTBR for the Kronolog don’t make for great reading….

Link please.

woody74

Whats the cover like that clips over the mechanism? From the video I have seen it looks like it pops off very easily so wondering what the sealing would be like.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Link please.

Or there’s this which has more owners / views. Installation seems tricky: the cable outer has to be free to move and the remote needs slack.

http://forums.mtbr.com/all-mountain/crank-brothers-kronolog-adjustable-seatpost-772741-6.html#post9067056

Dont bother reading the first 5 pages – just CB whining.

chiefgrooveguru

Baffling… Does buying a Kronolog instead of a Gravity Dropper mean you’re really really optimistic or just care far more about how your bike looks than how much you get to enjoy riding it?

stevewhyte
    Free Member

No idea why you are baffled. Is it the idea that not eveyone thinks the same way as you?

steve_b77
    Free Member

On the plus side my local bike shop felt so bad about selling me this piece of sh#t they gave me a great discount on a reverb!

Now thats funny :mrgreen:

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Reverb or Kronolog?’ is closed to new replies.