Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Reverb losing air pressure: What bits do I need?
  • Superficial
    Free Member

So my Reverb is losing a bit of air pressure, and this seems to result in the seat having a bit of squish when I sit on it. I.e. it’ll compress 10mm or so when I put my weight on it. So I think I need to replace the air pressure seals.

I know I can send it away for servicing, but I don’t want to. I hate paying for bike maintenance and I like knowing how stuff works so I want to do it myself. But I could use some pointers. I’ve had it apart before, as per the SRAM tech videos on youtube. Some of the info is ridiculously in depth – Obviously I do not have a Reverb post bleed kit or an IFP tool so I don’t want to disassemble all that lot. Can I service the seals without doing any of that?

There’s a basic service kit which is just O-rings, for about £8. Is this just for the dirt seals or does that include all the air seals / IFP seals etc?
    Or a more expensive set which has some spare brass keys, barbs (which I don’t need) for £40.

Errr… Help? Please!

LoCo
    Free Member

Hard to tell where it’ll be leaking from, the basic kit is just for the outer post wiper etc plus some bits for the inner sealhead.
    So that ‘may’ solve the leak.
    The Full kit contains everything you’ll need and you can service them at home but without the ifp tool it’s a bit of a pain to do.

Superficial
    Free Member

So presumably I can strip the outside bit as I’ve done before, then take off the inner sealhead (keeping the post vertical throughout). Then replace the inner sealhead O-rings. Worth a try before sending it off?

LoCo
    Free Member

It’s a bit silly whats in the kit as the seals on the inner sealhead can be replaced but you do run the risk of moveing the IFP, oil etc when you remove it.
    Personally I’d leave it alone unless the post is having a full service, the tools are available but it depends how often you’re going to be doing the job whether it’s worth the outlay.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Reverb losing air pressure: What bits do I need?’ is closed to new replies.