Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Reverb – it finally went wrong (stuck in up position)
  • gribble
    Free Member

Well, I got a Reverb back in the winter. I read up loads on them prior to the purchase, so I expected it to go wrong at some stage.

It finally has gone wrong. After not using the bike for a month (my own fault) it will now now drop at all.

I presume my first port of call on this is to bleed the post? I have a bleed kit which came with the post. It is inside warranty (but want to see if I can fix it myself, if possible).

whitestone
    Free Member

Sounds like it needs bleeding. There’s a couple of videos on the interweb showing you how it’s done. Take it step by step and it’s not hard. Do it once and you’ll wonder what the fuss was about.

Just don’t lose the small plugs 😳

Northwind

Bleed is a good place to start, on general principles. And actually very easy.

gribble
    Free Member

Thanks, very much appreciated. I looked at the video and it did seem fairly straight forward.

Looks like a summer evening beer in hand job.

I have been lucky to get 6 good months out of it.

steveno

Ooh good timing, was going to start a similar thread although mine hasn’t been used for several months 😳
    have tried bleeding, topping up air pressure, releasing all air pressure then repressurising and nothing has worked any suggestions?

stoddys
    Free Member

Had that problem,
    Take your time full bleed both ways, then the lever, slow and fast.
    And
    Check the cable/pipe connection to the seat is tight.

Easy fix.

swanny853

6 months? What have you been doing to it? Mine did three years!

psycorp
    Free Member

^^^^^^^^^^ This.

I’ve got three and none have failed.

Northwind

Mine needed bled after a few months then again about 6 months later, didn’t seem unreasonable tbh. Less reliable than my KSs but I expected that.

Superficial
    Free Member

I have been lucky to get 6 good months out of it.

I’d say you’ve been pretty unlucky. But hopefully a simple bleed will work. I’ve had 3 Reverbs over 4 years and none of them broke or needed bleeding.

slimporcini
    Free Member

How often do you guys ride? I’ve had two reverbs in under twelve months, Sent the second one back a couple of weeks ago it lasted less than 4 months! Asked for a refund and going to put it towards a ks lev.

rOcKeTdOg

My GD is 4 years old, never needed a bleed in all that time 😉

ineedabeer
    Free Member

Easy to sort—-buy a Thomson 😀 can of worms opened

dknwhy

I need to top up the pressure in mine. I’ve seen that you have to remove the seat to get to it (reverb stealth) but how do you unscrew the cap?! Needle pliers?

gribble
    Free Member

I bled the post as per the above recommendations and the very good Rock Shox service videos.

I think there was a bit of air in the hose. So worth doing.

Unfortunately, the bleed has not solved the issue. I tried to let some air out of the air chamber and a lot of oily gunk came out. I was wondering if this was residue or there has been a transfer of oil into air or vice versa.

Anyway, I presume the next step is now back to the shop?

muddy9mtb

it’s possible that bleeding may cure this, think I’ve done that in the past on this problem? but check for crash damage on the barb connection to the remote button – it’s very frail (thin section)
    and may have broken but not come away from the remote. it took a while for me to notice mine was broken until it came away in my hand on a ride 8O..push it back on worked okay for while

superfli
    Free Member

My barb broke in La Thuile (stoopid bl**dy lift attendant!). I only noticed at the top of the mountain.. great, seatpost stuck in high position all the way down!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Reverb – it finally went wrong (stuck in up position)’ is closed to new replies.