Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Reverb Issues
  • robowns
    Free Member

Anyone else had similar;

My reverb has been dropping about 10mm when ive been sitting on it, for some time now. I have attempted to bleed it tonight and when I do so, fluid leaks out of the remote, from behind the gater.

Wondering on peoples thoughts. I also tried to pump the seatpost up to ensure it was at 250psi, this made my shockpump explode, even though the gauge went up to 300. I pumped it up a bit with a normal pump just to give it a bit of pressure. Will over-pressure in the post force fluid out of the remote? Longshot maybe.

Any experts welcome.

scandal42
    Free Member

Well known issue where the air gets into or past the oil in the post.

Irs usually replaced under warranty if you can send it back.

If not then a full service with new seals etc should sort it.

banks
    Free Member

Deffo a warranty job mate, just don’t send it off now as no one will bother until after xmas. Should be a back within 2 weeks.

ART

Your damping is ‘gapped’ – see above. Service will sort it.

robowns
    Free Member

I had read that the dropping was a known issue, what about the fluid leaking from the remote? It has never been crashed, think id be due a warranty repair? Had is about 13months.

ukbikerider
    Free Member

I had this problem with mine approx. 6 months ago, The good lads at the LBS send it off to Rock Shox for a service as it was out of warranty but they sent me a new one as they had ran out of spares at the factory it was sent to apparently.

Landed on my feet & top marks to the LBS & Rock Shox! 😀

wl
    Free Member

Who services Reverbs and how much, please?

scruff
    Free Member

Loco, Jtech, £70odd plus postage.

scandal42
    Free Member

Its in warranty at 13 months.

Send it back

rOcKeTdOg

If it’s “s known fault” why do they still let them be sold like that?

I’m amazed how many riders have issues with reverbs, don’t you believe all the threads that say don’t buy unless you want to lose it for 2 weeks at a time? Boasting the quick turn around for warranty work always mystifys me too, I’d rather have rock solid reliability than that

robowns
    Free Member

Agreed rocketdog, my additional issue here is that it was purchased from Germany. I don’t have any kind of relationship with any LBS so looks like posting back is the only option, which itself is a minefield.

ThePinkster

The RockShox warranty is global so you should be able to to take it back to any RS dealer or shop that has an account with Fisher Outdoor to get it warrantied.

Helps if you already have a good relationship with them but not essential.

ART

TF Tuned service Reverbs £79.

ukbikerider
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    I’m amazed how many riders have issues with reverbs, don’t you believe all the threads that say don’t buy unless you want to lose it for 2 weeks at a time? Boasting the quick turn around for warranty work always mystifys me too, I’d rather have rock solid reliability than that

Whats the alternative? don’t they all seem to have some ‘issues’?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Issues’ is closed to new replies.