Old versions aren’t threaded and you need to faff a bit stripping the hose at the barb, but everything in the last couple of years seems to be threaded and are dead easy:
1. Measure once, measure twice. Three times just to be sure. Mark the cut point.
2. Unscrew speed adjuster to slowest setting.
3. Unscrew cable from threaded barb.
4. Cable cutter or even just a sharp Stanley knife will do – chop cable.
5. Screw cable back onto barb.
Just make sure you don’t let the cable or lever drip oil and you’ll not need to bleed it.
looking at poss having to do this depending on outcome of warranty issue with my reverb. Online vids look remarkably simple and suggest no bleed required. Is it really that easy ? Only awkward bit looks like cutting out and reinstalling barb.