Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reverb Hose Shortening
  • getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve just moved my Reverb onto a new frame and the hose on it is quite a bit too long and is also a bit damaged near the threaded bit at the post end. Can I shorten the hose from that end? I’ve already got a bleed kit so what do I need to buy, if anything?

Oh, and has anybody got a spare one of those Reverb hose guides that I could buy, please?

creamegg
    Free Member

Can’t see why you can’t shorten it that end. Didn’t need to bleed mine after I shortened the hose. You’ll need some cable cutters though.

If by hose guide you mean a black plastic thingy that fits round the seat post you can have mine for free. Never used it

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ll take you up on that offer for sure, creamegg. I would email you but you haven’t got an email address in your profile.

frogstomp

I broke mine at the seatpost end too.. you will probably need a barb replacement kit (~£7). They’ve redesigned it so the ‘sleeve’ is now metal and a lot sturdier.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Will I be able to thread the barb out of the cut off hose? It’s got those spanner flats and I’ve got a little Shimano hose holder that sits in a vice so it should be do-able, shouldn’t it?

frogstomp

Yup, should be fine.. just check the barb for damage before you reuse it – mine had snapped..

creamegg
    Free Member

Getonyourbike. YGM

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Thanks creamegg. It’s appreciated.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve just shortened the hose and removed the damaged bit at the seat post end and bled it. It’s perfect now. Thanks guys.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Hose Shortening’ is closed to new replies.