Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Reverb Full Service
  • bspoked
    Free Member

My Reverb needs a full service. The dreaded inch of sag has become 2 inches (75mm dropper anyone). There is oil mixing with the air.

A quick look inside the lowers shows the foam washer looking decidedly second hand and a nick in one of the O-rings.

It is still functioning perfectly, but neither Lever nor Lever/Post bleeds are getting that travel back.

It is out of warranty and I bought it second hand so I don’t want to spend a fortune on it. So who:

– offers the best Value for Money (cheep!)
    – won’t take one look at it and say “replace”.

It doesn’t have to be perfect, just needs to get through the winter.

Loco off here? Anywhere else?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Jason aka http://www.reboundsuspension.co.uk/ is pretty good.
    He’s in Horwich.

bspoked
    Free Member

£72 inc. postage is pretty good, thanks.

Anyone know any LBS in West Yorks who fancy a go cheap?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    extremenik
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’ve done a couple of these and both times it has been the Oil level inside the post. Both times resetting the IFP Height which you can get a tool @£6 or make your own as I did.
    My experience is the above problem is common when the seat locks out lower than full extension.
    If the seat moves down slowly when under pressure, I find this is common with the O ring on the lower seal head-which you get in a kit for about £7.
    Nick

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Saving this thread for future reference 🙂

extremenik
    Free Member

This is the link you will need-don’t go inside if you aren’t competent,

http://forums.mtbr.com/all-mountain/rock-shox-reverb-ifp-bleed-procedure-785890.html

One of the link shows the inside of the seatpost.

Enjoy.

bspoked
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I’ve seen that video.

Fashioning an IPF tool wouldn’t be hard, but I don’t have the post bleed kit (different from the regular bleed kit), much spare hydraulic fluid, any slick honey or rather ashamedly… a vice.

Whether it is worth getting all of them, rather than paying £72 is an interesting one.

Or fifty notes to an LBS might still be preferred…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Full Service’ is closed to new replies.