Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Reverb creaking
  • HarYuken
    Free Member

My fairly new Reverb is creaking somewhere in the seat clamp area. Is anyone else experienceing this? I have greased the bolts and the retaining nuts and it goes away briefly but then comes back.

Anyone got a lasting fix?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Check that the screw in plates are oriented the correct way

banks
    Free Member

Dry weather init, moment it rains mine stops creaking

d45yth
    Free Member

I’ve had this. It seems that you need to make sure both bolts are done up evenly. Cleaning the rails and putting some grease in there won’t hurt either.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Grease everything. Take the clamp apart, clean all the parts carefully and then grease every area where metal touches metal, clamps, captive nuts, under the bolt heads, on the threads and particularly around the saddle rails themselves. There’s always movement at the rear of the rails and movement means creaks. As mentioned above, make sure the clamp plates face the right way, there’s an arrow on each one that should face forward.

greeble
    Free Member

using carbob paste in the seattube?

fuzzhead
    Free Member

mine did this – give the clamp area a good clean and re-tighten

HarYuken
    Free Member

Cheers – will try all of the above.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

As above, mine turned out to be the saddle/clamp area, rather than the post/seattube area. Strip – grease – refit.

NigE5
    Free Member

Also check the silver collar is tight

HarYuken
    Free Member

I thought the silver collar was for emergencies in case the seatpost failed – it enabled you to keep it at a fixed point. What are you using it for?

robarnold
    Free Member

I thought the silver collar was for emergencies in case the seatpost failed – it enabled you to keep it at a fixed point. What are you using it for?

The silver collar you’re talking about is a travel limit collar for Enduro racing and the like. In other words its so you can drop the post just a bit easily and quickly and still be able to pedal without our knees being around your chin.

The other silver bit that might be referred to above is on the older Reverb models and is the top part of the external assembly. Checking that is tight would definitely help 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Reverb creaking’ is closed to new replies.