Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Reverb buying advice please.
  • pictonroad

Evening,

Looking to purchase a reverb seatpost, are there different models? Is the 13 model an improvement on previous models?

They are cheaper at on one with no bleed kit? Is this a false saving?

Anyone know who’s keenest on price at the moment?

Thanks

James

loddrik
    Free Member

Not Picton Road Liverpool…?

chunkypaul
    Free Member

buy from somewhere that has good warranty support

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

buy from somewhere that has good warranty support

Proper good advice that. Fortunatly – Fishers are ok with dealing with warranty claims for German bought posts.

But – and it’s probably an important BUT – you need to get an LBS in the UK to send it back for you. If you’re not sure of that – then get one from your LBS/Merlin/CRC etc.

And they do go wrong. Both of mine have had to go back. I dont know about the ’13 changes.

robarnold
    Free Member

I’m on my fourth Reverb since April, all replaced under warranty by SRAM in Windsor (I know the address off by heart now!) but fortunately a good mate runs my LBS so they go back through him.

Buying through a reputable vendor is essential in my opinion

pictonroad

Oh, doesn’t sound good. So taken was I with the concept of post droppage that I imported one of the very first gravity droppers. Even after all these years it’s still working.

Should I look at the Thomson posts, I hate stuff going wrong.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Oh, doesn’t sound good.

Well I wouldnt say they’re perfect (lots of folk have no problems) but when they go wrong the warranty service is pretty good and quick.

Also the usual mode of failing (IME) doesnt leave you stranded mid ride (eg mine both slowly lost / gained 2cm of extension play). The cure is to move the post up 2cm. Until it annoyed me and then it got sent back under warranty.

pictonroad

bump for the browsing over lunch crowd. Want to press buy asap.

Ta
    J

stcolin
    Free Member

Was so close to buying one last week. I’m not sure a suspension seat post is really worth £200 ish. Can’t convince myself either way.

pictonroad

It’s not a suspension seatpost, I fear you may have misundersood somewhat, it’s an uppy downy post.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Reverb buying advice please.’ is closed to new replies.