Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Reverb advice
  • neil853
    Free Member

I’ve just received my reverb back from fishers. Fantastic service all round really can’t fault them. But the seatpost seems to have some for and after play, Backwards/forwards type of thing. Does anybody else’s have this? Please don’t tell my another one has to go back…..

sharkattack

mine has no play at all and works perfectly BUT it’s my third reverb. spent the last year working in a bike shop and i’d say 50% of reverbs we sold went back to fishers

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mates has just come back from a warranty repair. It’s got some bushing plan in it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    neil853
    Free Member

Can’t fault the service but I really can’t be arsedsending it back again. so basically its not meant to have bushing play then is that what we’re saying? Nothing?

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Mine has been back twice. There is about 1mm side to side play and again about 1 mm rock forward and back. Cannot really notice it on the saddle. SRAM say nothing wrong and a tiny bit of play has to be present by design. There are 3 brass keys that hold the seat tube into the lower tube so I am thinking these may just be a tiny bit undersize causing the play. I have ridden 250 ish miles so far and play is no worse so I think I will just accept this is standard. Have read other forums where 1-2mm play is considered normal after a bit of use but fresh out the box many people say there is no play present. As much as I low my uppy down post I am not sure I would trust another reverb.

neil853
    Free Member

I have to say I’m not over the moon about this. having a shitty joplin I expected play, but the reverb was bought to avoid that. Yes it looks nice and yes it has a nice action but they’re not reliable. this one hasn’t done anything other than being taken out of the box!

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Agree with that mate. I bought the 2011 version just when it came out with the plastic hose end….this inevitably snapped off so I bought the new metal clip, the 2012 version fixed this issue. Then about 3 months later, the post lost pressure…supposed to hold 250psi but would only hold about 100. Sent back to SRAM, and they replaced internals for me. Came back…all good….apart from the play which I am pretty sure was not there when I bought it. Now this may have been to do with the replacement internals but who knows. Anyway, back to SRAM again to investigate the play. As I said, prob about 1mm side to side and 1mm forward and back. You can see the flex in the rubber dust shield a tiny bit as you move the post. Post worked fine and air pressure held at 250psi. They sent it back to me saying no fault found and a tiny bit of play is necessary for the post to work. I am a chartered engineer so know all about tolerancing issues etc so can agree with them to a point. What seems weird is the inconsistency between different posts. I have physically seen some with absolutely zero play, and seen some a lot worse than mine.

I don’t really think SRAM were ready to release the post when they did – the R&D was not complete and they used us as the consumer as the test subjects….at 250 a pop back in 2011, this is not really on!

The 2013 version is better so I am told but to be honest when mine dies I will dump it and stick with my quick release.

neil853
    Free Member

Bump

doncorleoni
    Free Member

How much play would you say you have in the post Neil? I too am very interested to hear about other people’s post play (snigger)….cannot be arsed to send mine back for the fourth time.

Must be lots of reverbs out there now! If anyone has a reverb, would you be so kind as to give it a wiggle forward and back and side to side…..any noticeable movement?

Thanks 🙂

mickeyb0305
    Free Member

Just bought one on my new bike, loads of play and doesn’t hold air!

So after 3 rides it’s now being sent back by LBS and I’m resorting to stopping to lower post manually 🙁

Previous 2 KS posts worked perfect and no real play.

Mike

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Mine’s just gone tits-up. Won’t go up nor down. It has side to side play and fore ‘n’ aft play. The SRAM reverb video on The Tube says to replace the top cap assembly if there is play. Remember, the pressure of the post goes down when you connect the pump, the hose takes about 80psi to fill so it will give a false pressure reading and you may think it’s dropped pressure or won’t hold it. It has worked quite well so far, anything with this amount of seals is going to go wrong sometime. I did take all the pressure out, stripped it down and rebled, which seemed to help and actually got it working again, but seen as it’s stull under warranty, I’ll ‘post’ it back for a service.

Trimix
    Free Member

Ive had mine for about a year and a half. Sent it for a service to TF Tuned once.

Very tiny amount of play – not noticable realy. I would ignore it if it dosent leak oil.

If it gets worse send it to TF who will change the brass needles that come in different sizes to allow for this.

neil853
    Free Member

Mine is not leaking air or fluid, used it at the weekend and it seems to be fine. Just not great that it has play. Its only around a mm but in my eyes that still too much even taking tolerances into consideration.

There’s no way its going back to TF, one its under warranty and two they royally ruined my Lyric’s a couple of years ago, never again.

stufive
    Free Member

mine has a tin tiny bit of play always has…not sure if its forward back or side to side but i have noticed it a couple of tomes when ive been holding it by the saddle or something..dont notice it when riding

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Reverb advice’ is closed to new replies.