Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Reverb 1x remote – worthwhile upgrade?
  • joemmo
    Free Member

hello. Has anyone replaced their reverb push-button remote with the new 1x paddle style? Has it revolutionised your reverbing?

I haven’t found the button remote that difficult to use but it’s a bit awkward, especially if you like the brake levers angled down. I tried a friends bike with this style of dropper lever and it made sense but still.. £70! (- sell on of old remote)..

tomhoward

Replaced all 3 of mine when it came out, feels loads better.

fathomer

I’d say so, it’s so much more intuitive. I found that I had to think about the old plunger, whereas with the 1x you don’t, if that makes sense?

lawman91

100% worth it, it’s far, far better. Didn’t think it was possible but I actually use the post even more now, it’s that much easier to use. The old button remotes just feel crap now having used the 1x remote.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Were you using the push button over the bars as intended (rubbish and easy to snap the lever), or under the bar?

A RH lever under the bar on the left matched with a SRAM brake lever in a 1x set up is very neat. The 1x lever returns it to looking like a 2x set up and more cluttered.

That said I’ve had the push buttons get pretty stiff to push at times.

tomhoward

Tbh it makes the bars look more symmetrical imo, which is a good thing.

That and it’s so much more ergonomic and a natural motion for your thumb to operate it, it really is a no brainer.

joemmo
    Free Member

thanks for the responses – generally positive then!

@deadkenny
    – RH button under the LH lever, I’m not bothered by the aesthetics particularly, more the ergonomics. The button tends to stick up quite high in this position anyway so it’s still vulnerable to damage.

I might try the button on a separate clamp and see if it can be positioned better – anyone tried this?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I always got on fine with the Reverb remote mounted under the bars.  Then I tried the new 1X lever and I am ruined forever, so much better.  Wish they weren’t so damn expensive 🙁

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Not sure if mine is ‘supposed’ to be a RH or LH lever, but my standard Rockshox Reverb push button type is mounted under the bar on the left side (1×11 setup). No way on this earth I’d pay £100 for zero functional improvement and a bigger lever which would actually be more vulnerable in a crash!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i really dont think the button is that bad under the bar. sure the lever is nicer but i’d only get one if getting a new post. not worth buying one extra, certainly not three a la TomH, but each to their own!

joemmo
    Free Member

too late – I pushed the trigger on a purchase (see what I did there?)

looks like I can recoup about £20 by selling the old one so that’s a little bit more palatable.

jamesmio
    Free Member

Personally, having had so much hassle with my Reverb(s) over the years I’d be more inclined to put the £70 towards an alternative make & model of dropper that doesn’t need bleeding and fettling every week or so.

I appreciate I may have been unlucky, but what an absolute piece of crap mine was.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Wait till you come to bleed the remote, what a dream!!

Love my 1 x remote reverb.

joemmo
    Free Member

@jamesmio – I get what you mean. My first reverb needed a rebuild but has been faultless since so hopefully it’s not a duff one.

Northwind

It’s miles better but tbh if you get on fine with the old one it’s not going to be as big a deal as it is for folks that hate it.

Um, cheeky ad? I have a Novyparts 1x lever spare if it’s of interest- not as good as the genuine Rockshox one imo since it’s fiddlier to bleed but it does work great

timbog160

It’s great no more to say

joemmo
    Free Member

Received and installed – OMWz – the smoothness.. the ergonomicity… the sheer leveragey action… It’s marvellous.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

My thumb joints are getting a bit knackered these days and I was getting to the end of rides with real pain (rh button mounted under on left).

the lever is much easier to activate and super smooth. Stupidly expensive but was worth it for me.

andyg1966

Dare I say that the brand x dropper is just as good as a reverb. Ok so the lever is a bit wobbly but a bontrager dropline lever at £17 fixes that.  Sell your old reverb for £100 + and you got a whole new 1x dropper for less than a rever 1x lever and with 2 yrs warranty.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Reverb 1x remote – worthwhile upgrade?’ is closed to new replies.