Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rever MTN1s, anyone got them?
  • ajantom

As it’s still pissing down out there I’ve been in the garage fettling, and decided that the BB7s on one of my bikes are getting very tired…bashed up, scratched up, a bit wobbly, and generally seen better days!

A while ago I saw the Rever MTN1s mentioned somewhere, and they looked like a decent alternative to BB7s. Dual piston design, a bit like an MTB version of the TRP Spyres.

Seen a couple of good deals on them on some Euro sites, and they come as a package, calipers, levers, discs and cables all included.

Don’t suggest hydro brakes 😉 I know they’re probably better, but these are for a specific bike where I prefer the general ruggedness and simplicity of mechanical brakes.

Pyro

They look like ripoff Spyre/Spyke’s.

jameso

Quality calipers, like a Spyre but better finished. Functionally very similar. I like them. Got Spyres on a bike as they seem to work better with the SRAM S500 drop bar levers I like (pull ratio mybe), but the FM Revers on another bike feel amazing with Shimano STIs. Not tried the flat bar levers though.

ajantom

They look like ripoff Spyre/Spyke’s

They do a bit, but better pad access, i.e. can change pads with wheel in.
    They also take the better/larger Shimano G pads.

Anyway, found a cracking deal – £130 for two full sets (calipers, levers, cables, discs, mounts and bolts).

I have Spyres on my gravel bike, so will be able to compare them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rever MTN1s, anyone got them?’ is closed to new replies.