Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Revenge of Swinley as ridden by STW. Easter weekend?
  • TiRed

Hmmm, might bring the monstercross, or ride the m25 – last chance this month for me, and I’m 600 km down on my annual target 🙁

Goldigger
    Free Member

Any idea which day? Tempted to join the fatty club with my dude.

weeksy

Tomorrow. 9am.

weeksy

I’m giving it a miss guys. Monsoon all day, I’m not feeling it at all. Sorry.

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Looks damp in the morning but not as bad as today. Anybody going to turn up? I’m still up for it.

DezB
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind still giving it a blast on the hardtail.

Need to know a few are still going though! Will keep checking back

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Just got back in. Its beyond terrible at the moment 🙁 ginge is just a slop fest and spent the whole way round listening to my drive train and brake pads eat themselves. This is most definately single speed weather…. But left that at work damn. Off piste / Crowthorne and babosa the best to do tomorrow if anyone heading out – avoid the blue/red as the trail surface is screwed.

Still better than staying in 🙂 I will be out in the morning but can’t commit to time yet. Look out for me… Either green solaris with 3″ up front or most likely my 69er orange rigid.

DezB
    Free Member

Oh thread gets moved when its on page 2, bit pointless!

Sunday is the only decent day of the weekend and I can’t make Sunday. 🙁

root-n-5th
    Free Member

I was out in box hill area today and it was trench warfare out there. Glad I had the single speed as more mud than bike in the end. Good fun though. Swinley can’t be any worse than that surely?

senorj

I’m still up for a ride. I’ll be there @ 9.

although after reading donC’s post I’m tempted to keep driving down to Dorking.

ha.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Na it’s not so much muddy but the sloppy trail surface that’s the killer. The Ginge forms the world’s best grinding paste known to man. Still finding sand in places I shouldn’t find sand 🙂

It usually drains OK because of the off camber build but the rain has been so heavy it just sits there… Mixing with the sand and killing bikes. If the rain stops as planned later this eve and stays dry overnight it will be OK in the morning…..apart from red 2 (old seagull) , need a boat for that most the time. Did manage to find a mud puddle over by barrosa that was up to the axles mind you and had to hose myself off in the garden before I was allowed inside.

root-n-5th
    Free Member

I see what you mean about the grinding paste now – worse than deep mud in many ways. Still, I discovered today I’ve found the perfect summer tyre combo so should be cack in the ginge stuff too.

gilesmartin81

Managed to go through a new pair of pads in the ginge today and get the brakes looked on the rotor so had to drag the bike back for the last mile!

Will hopefully be there at 9 tomorrow though depending on how wet it is.

jaminb
    Free Member

I’ll be the one in the orange canoe !

seriously I should make it for 09.00 Whyte 905

DezB
    Free Member

Right, Big Top is all mudguarded up and loaded in the car. See whoever’s gonna be there erm, there!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Let’s hope I’ll be there!

razorrazoo

On way. Blue Bronson.

razorrazoo

Home and dry.  Good ride despite the weather.  Thanks all.

weeksy

We’ll done guys!

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah. Made it, thanks for putting up with the unfit one fellas! Felt ok once I got back, though I think razorrazoo mightve had to listen to some delerious psychobabble on the way back to the car park! 😆

razorrazoo

No worries Dez, I think you were still pretty with it. Managed to get a bargain on a couple of tops at the hub too. Bike still in the boot though, at least it had a wash.

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Thanks for great ride, guys. Wasn’t as bad under-wheel as I thought, but must get mudguards.

Sorry for starting off too quick, but it got us warm! We found a good pace in the end

Until next time…

senorj

Best fun I’ve had at Swinley in the piss wet through, 😉 & that’s despite the rapid first two miles!Thanks gents. Good crack. My back brake was down to the metal!

& thanks to weeksy for organising !

🙂

jaminb
    Free Member

Great fun this morning – thanks all.  Hopefully do it again very soon

sorry but i have absolutely no idea how to post my rubbish photos!

Poopscoop

Go to. http://www.postimage.org

Upload pics, click “hotlink for forums” (third from bottom option) then just page into here.

Job done.

DezB
    Free Member

Oh yeah, must correct what I said to you chaps about the Enduro – 4 mins was the time for 3 laps of each timed section – each one was just over a minute 😊

razorrazoo

When you put it like that Dez, I’m not surprised that ebikes were required. Though after seeing them today, I’m wondering about entering an off road Segway.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Revenge of Swinley as ridden by STW. Easter weekend?’ is closed to new replies.