Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Revelations Dual Air RCT3's or Fox Float 32 RLC FIT's for my Yeti
  • olibluegoat
    Free Member

Looking at building up my new Yeti ASR5 frame

Do i get Dual Air Revelation RCT3’s or Fox Float RLC FIT’s

Which do people feel are better

Alos may consider some X-Fusions but they are a bit of a wild card

Cheers for any help guys

Oli

dickie
    Free Member

See the latest STW mag for test of them all.

rexated
    Free Member

I’ve had Rev’s previously, and when I built up my ASR first had SIDs 120s with RCT3. I’ve recently got a fox float FIT and it feels the better fork all round. I’ve not noticed it being less stiff then the revs, and it has better small bump response. The Fox are 150mm, that I run with the stem down low and flat bars – they have completely brought the bike to life!

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Any more views

philfive
    Free Member

Mine Is the opposite view,I went from fox floats to the RTC3 revs and there are amazing, the threshold mode is great for climbing or steep slow techy stuff.

bigrich

+1 the revs.

haggis1978

Revs here. Got the RCT3 and it’s fantastic.

dogbone

Yeti 5 alloy here with Revs RCT3s set to 130mm.

Works really well. Buttery smooth and manuals really easily.

Email Simon at Loco Tuning for best UK price.

kiwijohn

Fox all the way on my SB66. Did take a bit of breaking in, but now so smooth & controlled.
    Dual air was a pfaff to set up just right in my experience.

philfive
    Free Member

My RCT are single air

composite
    Free Member

Got Fox floats 140 on the hard tail and the RCT3 150 on the full suss. They are both great forks. Would say the Revs feel better to me though. But stiffer, seem to just track and steer a bit better. Don’t have any dive at all, I guess that’s cause of the extra set up bits with platform etc as has already been mentioned.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Is it one valve to set up the positive and negative chambers on the RCTS rather than 2

Always a bit of a faff with 2

Oli

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Dogbone. Which RCT3’s do you have as i would like to do the same

Oli

philfive
    Free Member

Oil it’s just a single one and mine are the dual position

dogbone

Rock Shox Revelation RCT3 dual air 15mm maxle. Come 150mm but spaced down to 130mm. Using an integrated lower Hope headset race, which drops helps the front a bit (5-7mm?).

Loco will space them down and check oil level etc included in price.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Do you have to put air in both the negative and positive air chambers or is it just one vale and they balance themselves out

Do you have a link to the hope race

Was planning on putting a chris king on

Oli

Superficial
    Free Member

I test-rode an ASR-5 with the Fox 140 RLC Fits and didn’t get on with them at all. Couldn’t use all the travel and yet they still felt harsh on small bumps. Felt nice on rough stuff / multiple hits though. I’ve now got RCT3s (Dual air, lowered to 140mm) on my ASR-5 and they’re spot on, I’m very impressed. Just as good over repeated hits as the Fox but stiffer with much better small bump sensitivity, and I can use all the travel.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Is there just one valve to manage pressure on the RCT3 dual air or two

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Should i go 140 on the asr5 or 130. Test rode it at 140 and it felt good but people say 130 is the sweet spot

Superficial
    Free Member

Depends what for. For all round, I’d probably go for 130. For a more capable descending bike, the extra 10mm just slackers the head angle a bit and makes it a bit more lairy. There’s probably not a huge difference.

One the dual airs there’s two valves (positive and negative air). Set them up independently.
    On the Dual position airs there’s just the one valve (positive and negative chambers will equilibrate themselves).

olibluegoat
    Free Member

How is setting them up. Is it a pan having both positive and negative to worry about. How do the dual airs compare to the dual positions

philfive
    Free Member

Sorry oil I have dual position which are 150 and 120mm with a single valve that balances the chambers.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Revelations Dual Air RCT3's or Fox Float 32 RLC FIT's for my Yeti’ is closed to new replies.