• This topic has 50 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Revelations 2013 – do they have any travel adjustment?
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m struggling to find out if the 2013 single-air Revs (will) have either UTurn or Dual-Position options.

Anyone worked it out yet?

LoCo
    Free Member

Solo air springs and dual position air systems, they’re available now.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Cool. And will they still make 1,1/8th steerers or are they all tapered nowadays?

LoCo
    Free Member

All tapered aftermarket, but can be changed if needed, O.E will probably be available 1 1/8″, brands are really pushing tapered and 15mm qr on trail forks this year!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Got some thinking to do. Thanks

play
    Free Member

Hey Loco,

Can the dual air dual position forks be fitted with the travel reducing spacers? So could a 150/110 air fork be turned into 130/100?

Thanks.

bigjim

2013 solo air Revs don’t have the travel reduction spacers any more, but need a whole new air spring of the desired length, not sure about dual position though.

wwaswas

All tapered aftermarket

blimey.

Didn’t realise that 1 1/8th would become unsupported for aftermarket purchasers so quickly.

play
    Free Member

hmm, what about the 2012 version, do you know if they would work the way i described? Thanks.

LoCo
    Free Member

Dual position air systems (2011/13) need to be replaced as well to reduce the travel, think RRP is £145 ish for parts (we’ll be a bit cheaper obviously)
    As jim says the solo airs need to air springs assm’s to reduce travel as well.
    Still using my dual air 2012 Reves as more scope for sdjusting pressures.

I reckon manufacturers are trying to make stuff easier for customers to set up (3 pos damping a la RCT3 and CTD and low speed compression) and solo air so just one pressure to set not two to confuse people when they get the pressure/volume relationship between the pos and neg chambers in a pickle. 😕

smiff
    Free Member

looks like the merlin 2013 revs are taper though? at about same price, which is pretty nice/useless depending on your frame.. no specs at all i could see there though.

are the 2013s upgraded in any way do you know Loco?

LoCo
    Free Member

Damping is the same system, DNA moco and dual flow rebound, air springs are solo air as opposed to dual air in 2012, bear in mind we can supply these too and they’re stripped, prepped and adjusted too. 😉

smiff
    Free Member

hmm ok so 2012 is the one to have, that’s what i have 🙂 they really didn’t improve anything performance wise? chassis? stupid little screw holding cable on that everyone strips?

LoCo
    Free Member

Maybe, I’m running 2012 RCT3 dual airs 8)

jambon
    Free Member

Hey LoCo

Your really should update your website to reflect that you are stocking dual position Revs.

philfive
    Free Member

I’m running 2012 RCT3 solo air Dual Position 😀

Northwind

Right, that’s it, I’m never selling my 2010 u-turn 20mm maxle standard steerer Revelations.

Scamper
    Free Member

All very confusing to me 😕

Also think i’ll stick to my 2010 SL 20mm’s

smiff
    Free Member

uh, “stupid screw” i meant was the brake hose guide, not the cable grub, you’d be a muppet to mess that up.
    so is the Rev “done” as far as RS is concerned? don’t really have any complaints about 2012s.. so far.
    btw those on 2010, i think damping is quite a bit better with “dual flow”.
    using too many “” today sorry.

Northwind

smiff – Member

btw those on 2010, i think damping is quite a bit better with “dual flow”.

Blackbox 8)

LoCo
    Free Member

Blackbox is so 2010 RLT TI it’s all about the RCT3 😉

Scamper
    Free Member

Is it just me and my ham fisted servicing, or is the rebound adjustment on 2010 revs very off/on and not progressive through the clicks?

Northwind

I thought that was just a 3-position lockout thing sort of like CTD?

LoCo
    Free Member

The moco is different and has a separte piston for the low speed compression with a shim stack.

will see if I’ve got a picture. 😀

Northwind

Ah, so there’s a performance difference not just a control difference. Cool, ta!

So in that case… Let’s say you had someone with a 2010 blackbox one, who was being all smug but possibly didn’t know what he was talking about (hypothetically, like…). Is there any new hottness that can be wedged into these older forks to make them better still?

LoCo
    Free Member

IMG00419-20120220-1716 by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

crap phone pic, shim stack and piston fit onto the bottom of the moco.

it’s a straight swap into the RLT Ti s and work with the dual flow rebound, although they work a bit better if the dual flow assm. is reshimmed a little, in a similar way to the 2012 ones 😀

smiff
    Free Member

RCT3 fine unless you like remote lockout.. maybe they should figure a way to make the 3 position remote controllable. but seems like RS are going into electronic controls for rear shock, so probably front too, maybe 2014? me no likey :/

LoCo
    Free Member

The remotes are a bit of a pain TBH, unless they’re hydraulic they do seem to cause people alot of issues with sticky/dirty cable and weak return springs.

Not sure the electronic kit is going to catch on, I reckon there will be numerous issues with them and it just makes stuff more complicated than it needs to be, it’d be nice if manufacturers could just concentrate on making the current stuff work even better, they are only ‘push’ bikes after all 😉

ART

Ok while we’re on it then. What’s the difference between the blackbox damping in my 2010 RLT Tis and the stuff that followed on from them. Or put another way, where did the ‘blackbox’ go? Did that technology just get ‘upgraded’ into the subsequent models or what?

Apologies to LoCo if you have indeed answered this up there and I’m just too numpty to get it. … ta in advance.

smiff
    Free Member

you better take a course in electrical engineering/programming if you want to continue tuning shocks post .. about 2020? haha 😉 it’s going to be like cars, plug a laptop in and diagnose. has anyone seen what they’re doing with rear shocks, using sensors on fork? how will fork sense, using 3d cameras? Nooo.

basically, DNA is cheaper than BB and more reliable. similar results? LoCo probably knows more..

LoCo
    Free Member

Haha electronics arn’t an issue 😉 it’s more the reliabilty, availabilty of parts and the costs to the customer, the concern me, I just care too much you know 😆 😉

The units are built with standard parts from what an ex military electrical enginneer freind has told me, the units are well sealed, unsurpisingly but should be rebuildable which out too much hassle.

mlucas666
    Free Member

LoCo, can an RCT3 unit be dropped into 12/13 Rebas?

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes, Andrew one of the team riders has some custom RCT3 specced Rebas, however it’s better to fit the dual flow rebound damper as well or on it’s own otherwise the RCT3 damper doesn’t work quite so well, with the original rebound damper.

philfive
    Free Member

Simon

when you say dual flow do you mean Dual Air? as my RCT3 are single air.

LoCo
    Free Member

2012 are dual air spring with a dual flow rebound damper and a DNA RCT3 motion control damper.
    2012 Dual position airs are solo air travel adjustable. with the same damping.
    2013 are Solo air fixed travel. with the same damping
    2013 Dual position airs are the same as 2012 ones.

philfive
    Free Member

ahhh so the solo air in the 2012 just lose to adjustment of the dual air valves, good too know.

by the way the RCT is a cracking fork.

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes basically and the decals are new are look rather nice, loving my RCT3 dual airs too 😀

boxxer7
    Free Member

Can the revelations be ordered in different travel setting or is it case of you buy the 150mm and then have to buy a new damper?

RS website makes no sense as always!

18bikes

boxxer – it’s the air side, not the damper, but they come as 150 and you buy a whole new assembly.

Email me with what you’re after – I can work out a price including the swap for you. I can check stock/due dates on the different travel options if you’d like?

info@18bikes.co.uk

cooie

Loco, can Revelation RCT3 29″ Dual Airs be converted to Dual Position?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Revelations 2013 – do they have any travel adjustment?’ is closed to new replies.