Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Revelation servicing – tips./ tricks
  • nicko74

My 2006 Revs need servicing, and I figure I’ll do it myself.

Got 5wt and 15wt oil, plus the RS manual, and a larder of shock pump, various hex keys, sockets etc.
    So… what else do I need, and what do you wish you’d known before you serviced your RS forks?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

seals?

oh and a hammer.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Bit of dowel and a rag for shoving in the tubes.

IPA for the cleaning. Evaporates and leaves no residue.

Plastic coated tyre lever to get the seals out. Vacuum cleaner tubes for putting new ones in.

Rubber mallet for releasing the lowers.

Take them out of the bike and clean them on the outside really well before dismantling.

Ambrose

As above. White plastic plumbing ‘waste’ pipe to refit the seals. Syringes to accurately measure the fluids. A ground down six sided socket to remove the caps. Lots of pots/ containers to place all the bits into. And about a mile of kitchen roll. A vice to hold it in, with soft jaws.

Scapegoat

Courage. They aren’t anywhere near as complicated as you think before you start. Just take your time and follow the instructions carefully. Have you got the right o ring kit to replace them all, complete with new crush washers? If not, you might as well get them and do a complete seal service.

nuke

Spills, there will be spills…so something to wipe up the oil spills.

I rarely bother with a full change of o-rings…if it ain’t broken and all that. Saying that, don’t even bother with changing seals or crush washers that often…more about cleaning, fresh oil/grease.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Good fitting 24mm socket. Shoddy ones can mark the tops

Stevelol
    Free Member

Plenty of cups of tea 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Revelation servicing – tips./ tricks’ is closed to new replies.