Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Revelation RLT ti self servicing – any tips?
  • wl
    Free Member

Got some Black Box Revs, the RLT ti 150mm travel ones. Just wondered if there’s a simple servicing procedure I can do myself at home? Eg are there foam rings under the dust seals which I should soak in float fluid from time to time, like 55s? And how often, in real-world terms, do these forks need an overhaul? I’m not great at this sort of thing, but I ride a lot and can’t afford regular shop/mojo bills. Any tips or info appreciated. Ta.

thejesmonddingo

Lower leg service,includes foam rings,do search on Youtube,there are Sram videos.

jairaj

Have a look on you tube plenty of videos including some by SRAM of simple lower leg services to a full service of dampers and springs.

SRAM’s website also has a service guide you can download and has all the info you need on oil weights and volume etc..

TF tuned also sell kits of everything you need for a service. Not the cheapest solution but its convenient as it contains everything you need.

smatkins1
    Free Member

I took the lowers off mine last week. Drained the fluid out that looked like coffee. Popped in some fresh fluid and gave the foam rings a good soak in fox fluid.

There are some good videos on youtube. Mine feel better now than they did when they were new!

wl
    Free Member

Cheers everyone.

Smatkins1 – roughly how often do you reckon on doing this? Any idea?

jairaj

The SRAM manual says to do a lower leg service once every 50 hours of riding and a full service every 100 hours of riding.

But I’ve know people who haven’t serviced their forks for years and they haven’t blown up. That’s not to say the forks were performing at their best just they didn’t break through lack of service.

I tend to do a lower leg service once or twice a year and full service roughly once a year. The lower leg I do my self but the full I send it off mainly as I simply don’t have time / tools etc …

wl
    Free Member

jairaj – cheers for that. Who do you send the forks to? TF? Loco?

Zaskar93
    Free Member

I can recommend both TFTuned and Loco. I sent my Revs to TFTuned a couple of years ago when the air spring collapsed and they were great; really quick and efficient and the forks felt wonderful when they came back. Unfortunately they don’t service Fox DHX5 Air so that went to Mojo and they were great too. I’ve done a lower leg service on my Revs twice since and I have just got all the o rings, oil and stuff to do a service of the air spring and damper but haven’t been brave enough yet. Sram videos and downloadable pdf documents are great but no substitute for the experience of actually getting in there and doing it I guess. Can always fall back on TFTuned if it all goes pear shaped!

Stevelol
    Free Member

I serviced my forks (the exact same Revs) a couple of months ago using the lower leg service kit from tftuned. I used the guide on rockshox’s website and their videos on youtube.

It was very easy, there wasn’t a lot of lube in the legs so I’m glad I did it. The trickest part was getting the dust wipers back in (putting them in the freezer for a bit helped). Make sure you get some Isopropyl alcohol too to give them a good clean, I got a big squirty bottle off eBay for a couple of quid.

The forks felt much better afterwards, a lot less sticky and more progressive feeling.

jairaj

I’ve used TF and more recently Loco. Both did a good job but recently switched to Loco because I wanted to make some upgrades to my fork and Simon at Loco seemed more willing to talk and discuss the options with me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Revelation RLT ti self servicing – any tips?’ is closed to new replies.