Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Revelation RCT3 question
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Is the Floodgate/slow speed compression damping supposed to work in the fully open compression setting? Sram’s website is a bit hazy on this, but suggests that it should, although I confess I don’t know what “all DNA possibilities” really means.

…you can adapt to any terrain: Switch between “Open (with all DNA possibilities), “Threshold” (takes away the big bumps) and “Lockout” for fast rolling on smooth ground.

The thing is, my experience suggests that if the compression adjuster is in the fully open position, the low speed compression damping appears to do nothing and the brake dives easily under braking. Put it in “Threshold” setting and the low speed damping works a treat.

daveh
    Free Member

In my experience it does work but it’s far more subtle in open than in threshold, certainly not noticeable when ‘aired up’. Let all the air out of the fork then you should be able to feel the differences each setting makes.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I apply the riding-down-a-steep-road test. In threshold, I can brake with no noticeable brake dive. Switch to ‘open’ and the forks compress really really easily under even light braking forces

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

So of standard trail riding is it better to leave in threshold rather than the open setting?

LoCo
    Free Member

low speed dial supposedly only works in open setting, as the threshold setting is a low speed threshold setup of sorts anyway.

Use threshold for climbing and road stuff or if I’m pretending to be a racer and open rest of the time or when I’m tired and want a nice smooth ride 😉

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Open it is.

Set up wise, in open where would you reccomend the lsc (silver dial) be.

I’m only used to RL and tk forks.

LoCo
    Free Member

LSC, as much as you can use until it feels harsh on small bump, start about 5 from full off (-) and go from there (obviously depends on your other settings, sag etc)

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yep great. Cheers Simon.

I’ll take the shock pump on tomorrow’s maiden voyage.

Pretty excited about this fork.

LoCo
    Free Member

Love all the sets (dual and solo air) ones I’ve had lovely fork 😀

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Interesting. The LSC damping feels like it’s doing nothing when I have the forks in the open setting. It’s quite un-nerving when braking on fast and smooth terrain.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

2014 140mm solo air rct3 here thanks to Daveh above.

Hopefully a bug step up from my old tk sektors.

SOAP
    Free Member

Solo air 150 revs…Have mine open for 90% of the time with 4 clicks on the silver dial.
    Put on middle setting for jumps and berms (bike park stuff)
    Locked out for fire road or Tarmac.
    Great forks

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Guess tomorrow will include at lot of fiddling. They really seem tunable though.

Can’t get on SRAMs air pressure chart tonight, it just says server unavailable for the 2014 forks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Revelation RCT3 question’ is closed to new replies.