Revelation problem.

Home Forum Bike Forum Revelation problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Revelation problem.
  • retro83

Damper has shit itself, replace o rings and oil

Premier Icon stevenmenmuir
    Subscriber

Not an expensive repair then?

Premier Icon bigjim
    Subscriber

yeah the lockout needs full oil level to work, so maybe an o ring has gone. I’ve used the cheap ebay o ring kit before on 2008 revs, may not suit yours depending on the model.

I_Ache

I agree it sounds like hydrolock caused by the seals at the bottom of the fork leaking into the lowers. Easy to fix with simple tools and the correct o-rings.

Premier Icon stevenmenmuir
    Subscriber

My Revelations have stopped getting full travel. When out tonight they were bottoming out a lot which surprised me as I’d added extra air to them last week. When I looked a bit closer I discovered they were only getting about 60mm of travel before stopping moving. Any ideas as to what might be wrong? What might be wrong? The lockout has also stopped working, that happened last week, wondering if the two might be linked.

nwilko

Download service info tech manual off sram site, remove lowers, remove comp damper from crown 24mm socket. Drain what’s left of oil, should be about 125mm of oil here detailed in manual. Remove circlip from plastic footplate which seals the stanchion at the lower end of the damper. Screw back in the damper pushrod nut, tug down hard on the damper pushrod via the nut this will remove the damper rod and plastic plate. Pull rod out of the plastic base plate, replace the inner and outer o rings. Reassemble ensure the plastic base is orientated the same way up as when removed, if upside down it won’t push into the stanchion far enough for the circlip to fit into its recess. Replace circlip, check circip is fully into recess otherwise 1st big impact that trys to compress the comp damper cartridge will open the damper to the lowers and your back where U started. I bought some 2nd revs the other week, mint condition but no comp damping or full travel, when stripped down to space down to 130mm I found a 10mm spacer limiting compression stroke but not reducing a-c length and both stanchion circlips fitted to the spring leg hence the loss of compression damping. Now sorted and great forks…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Revelation problem.’ is closed to new replies.