Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Revelation damper upgrade… XX to RTC3 or similar – worth it??
  • Gnnr

I have some 2011 rev XX’s I’m wondering about (confused by) the new RS dampers and if they would give me a better riding fork for not too much outlay.

I always find the XX is dive prone if set for small bump sensitivity but harsh if the compression damping (set via the x-loc thingy) is used even slightly. I do like the forks but never find the damping to be as good as say a Mico lyrik… is this possible in a skinny legged trail fork?

Would the latest dampers give a broader range and are they plug ‘n play?

Anyone changed their fork innards recently?

Gnnr

Gentle morning bump!

Superficial
    Free Member

The xx is a really simple damper designed to be race-ready and lightweight (a bit of a pointless thing on Revelations IMO). I’ve heard that the RCT3 is a lot better – it should be – but I’ve personally never used the xx. The rct3 is a lot better than other forks with simpler dampers (eg standard motion control, turnkey etc).

warpcow
    Free Member

The XX’s nearest equivalent, without a silly blingy remote, would be the bog-standard RL damper with fixed threshold.. Even an RLT damper should give an improvement as there you could set the threshold (Floodgate) against the low-speed comp.

LoCo
    Free Member

Have done a few conversion to the RLT and RCT3 from XX, everyone is pretty happy with the improved damping 😉

Gnnr

Thanks for the replies – it confirms what I suspected re the XX damper being light weight over function…

Loco – how much would a RLT or RCT3 damper cost to supply and is it a straightforward swap or does the rebound need done as well?

Cheers G

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve just swapped my rlt damper for a rct3 but not changed to a dual flow rebound. I always forget to press/depress the lockout so now I can just leave it in the middle instead :0)
    Old damper (120mm Sid/reba) is in the classifieds.

composite
    Free Member

I have a 2012 Rev with RCT3 and I’m very happy with how it rides. Small bump is great and never have a problem with it diving. I’m glad I spent the extra in the first place as it’s the best fork I have ridden.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Revelation damper upgrade… XX to RTC3 or similar – worth it??’ is closed to new replies.