Revelation Air Pressure

Home Forum Bike Forum Revelation Air Pressure

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Revelation Air Pressure
  • marc

I know it’s been covered, and I know everyone says that the RS guide pressures are too high, but I’ve set sag on a new set of forks at around 25% (while standing) which only needed about 100psi of +ve.

I’m 13 1/2 stone (about 85Kg)and riding with 150 psi on the first ride – as per the RS guide on the forks – I still had compression set to 2 clicks off max to make it feel OK and to prevent too much dive when braking on pretty steep descents.

So, can reducing the pressure so much really be right or could it be that the forks need bedding in a bit more before setting my own pressures?

Cheers

LoCo

They should loosen up a bit when bedded in, so you may have to increse the pressure a bit.
    The guide lines on pressure are a cover all, and can’t take into account geometry and the resultant weight distribution on your setup.
    See how they ride and adjust accordingly.

PeterPoddy

There’s no point copying somebody else’s pressures. far too many variables involved!

Set about 25% sag and go from there.

They might bed in and need a bit more, you might not get full travel and need less. Experiment! 🙂

LoCo

My typing must be getting quicker! 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Revelation Air Pressure’ is closed to new replies.