Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Revelate Designs "The Sling" Alternatives?
  • FraserHughes
    Free Member

Does anyone now of any alternatives to the Revelate Designs Sling?

https://www.revelatedesigns.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=store.catalog&CategoryID=3&ProductID=9 – for those who’ve not seen it.

They are out of stock and I’m looking for someone UK based if possible?

Thanks in advance!

flatfish
    Free Member

Revelate sling is quite unstable from the ones i’ve seen before.

+1 for Wildcat mountain lion. Love mine.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevemorg2

I bought a Revelate sling last year – does the job but TBH I’m not that impressed with it – the Wildcat one I’ve seen looks good as does the one made by Pawel at http://www.bikepack.pl

nick3216
    Free Member

Revelate sling is quite unstable from the ones i’ve seen before.

-1 for the bit I emphasised.

I actually gasp! use one and I’ve had no stability problems. The straps also quite coincidentally fit the compression straps of my old North Face bum bag/fanny pack* which is a bonus ‘cos I get extra load carrying ability for free.

*choose terminology according to you British/US English prejudices preferences

FraserHughes
    Free Member

Thanks all. That Wildcat one looks the ticket!

flatfish
    Free Member

I’ve got the Epic Harness rather than the sling which does the job it’s made for but rocks back and forth slightly making it unstable.
    I have a couple of friends using the “Sling” and I noticed the same problem that I had.
    Now I’m using the Wildcat version that attaches to the bike in four places rather than three, that Revelate employ, making it more stable than both the Revelate offerings.

So you’ll see that I do have some experience In the use of Revelate products as well as the Wildcat stuff.

I’m not knocking the Alaskan stuff, just saying the Wildcat stuff is better executed.

nick3216
    Free Member

So you’ll see that I do have some experience In the use of Revelate products as well as the Wildcat stuff.

Then why not just say that in the first place?…

Revelate sling is quite unstable from the ones i’ve seen used before.

It’s even got the same number of letters to type.

flatfish
    Free Member

OP talks about the “Sling”.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Revelate Designs "The Sling" Alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts