Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Returning faulty goods. Bicycle lights.
  • Premier Icon Davesport

So at Christmas I bought his and hers MagicShine SeeMee 200 rear lights. We don’t do big miles on the road but the lights give drivers plenty of time to see & react. These lights are bright to the point that I started wearing dark glasses whilst trying to figure out which mode worked best.

So my light packed in two weeks into January. The UK seller asked me to follow the returns policy which I duly did (Returned at my expense) & received another light in return. Not sure if this was new or not, the packaging definitely wasn’t. This light also developed a fault after 10 days or so & MagicShine UK replaced this without hesitation & didn’t ask for the old one back. So I’m on my third light which is working for now.

Two days ago my wife tells me her light is not holding a charge overnight. It charges and works but goes flat quickly. I’m tempted to draw a line under this as I CBA sending these back & emailing the seller every time I have a problem. The vendor has been helpful but I need a light that lasts longer than a few weeks.

Thoughts on which way I should be taking this please.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain

Email the seller, ask for a refund.

You should also have been refunded for your return postage once it was established the light was faulty.

FWIW the batteries on my lights have been less than keen on being left in the garage overnight this year, they seem fine* for ages kept indoors but the cold “drains” them very quickly.

*both pre and post, but a week in the garage sees them flat.

Premier Icon Davesport

Email the seller, ask for a refund.

You should also have been refunded for your return postage once it was established the light was faulty.

FWIW the batteries on my lights have been less than keen on being left in the garage overnight this year, they seem fine* for ages kept indoors but the cold “drains” them very quickly.

*both pre and post, but a week in the garage sees them flat.

Thanks. The lights are charged indoors & kept inside when not in use; only on the bike when in use. It’s a pity as the light output is incredible even during the day. I’ll fire off an email.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.