Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Return or keep
  • dyna-ti

I picked up an RS lyrik fork on ebay – wiggles clearance site. and I got it ‘new other’ for £230. Clearly It hasn’t been used, but the steerer has been cut to 200mm(hence ‘new other’)

From the pics they used it showed the steerer uncut at 265mm, so it was a real disappointment opening the box. At least because of this I’ve the option of returning it.

The fork currently on the bike is 218mm, and theres 20mm of spacers under the stem.

Do I – Return, get my money back

Or

Fit a higher rise stem and bars to make up that shortfall- I’ve already got those parts in the spares box. Unlikely I’ll manage to pick up another rs lyrik fork for so little, plus its bought as a spare.

I saw how low the bidding was going and took a chance on getting it for cheap.

kelvin

If you’ve got the stem and bar to run a slammed stem and still have the bars in the right place, do it. Always looks better than spacers, and is, er… lighter?

coconut
    Free Member

Keep at that price.

matt_outandabout

on ebay – wiggles clearance site

Ah yes.
    They posted everyone’s orders to the wrong address one day – but with correct customer information such as phone, address and email inside.
    Then refused to organise return or speak to the wrong customers, or even the correct customer.
    After giving them 4 weeks(!) I raised a refund request, and suddenly next day I got a tracking order….
    The reviews for them (tri_sport_uk?) are ‘mixed’ to say the least.

mjsmke

Is the current fork on the bike the same Axle to Crown? If your new fork is 20mm more, then the lower stem won’t really be lower. Pedals will be slightly higher though.

dyna-ti

The reviews for them (tri_sport_uk?) are ‘mixed’ to say the least.

I see that now, and in fact the feedback is pretty shocking if you look at the overall feel to it. Certainly they dont give a rats about customer experience.

On that note I think ill hang on to them. They’re a great price, and **** knows what might go wrong if i try to return them. Not ideal, but at least a work around is available to me.

Is the current fork on the bike the same Axle to Crown?

Unfortunately not, they measure the same – 570(+571) but no harm there anyway.

If you’ve got the stem and bar to run a slammed stem and still have the bars in the right place, do it. Always looks better than spacers, and is, er… lighter?

If it about the same its not going to matter really, and the spacers are plastic 😆

Only thing i might have to deal with is the stem i have is slightly longer(Hope 70mm as opposed to 50mm) but if it comes down to it I can get a different stem.. £200+ saving in the pocket and you can accommodate any small discrepancies.

rhayter

Keep it but get a new steerer fitted. You’ll still be quids in.

Simon

I’d keep it but try to get a bit of money knocked off.

kelvin

That sounds like the smart option Simon.

bigginge

If it is just a little too short another option would be to get the steerer tube replaced. Might not cost any more than a new high rise stem and bar combo.

https://www.rsfsus.co.uk/

dyna-ti

I’d keep it but try to get a bit of money knocked off.

I think i acted too quickly and requested a return before posting this thread, so partial refund might not be allowed now. Certainly there doesnt seem to be a section relating to that. Just options to print a label myself or get a QR code for much the same thing.

Or the option to cancel, but i think that then prevents me from taking any other action such as partial refund etc.

If it is just a little too short another option would be to get the steerer tube replaced. Might not cost any more than a new high rise stem and bar combo.

https://www.rsfsus.co.uk/

OOh thats interesting, hadn’t thought of that. Thanks 😀

I’ve already got a 20deg rise hope stem and a new carbon bar with a 20mm rise, over the 6 deg rise stem and 12mm rise bar it came fitted with.

dave_h
    Free Member

theres 20mm of spacers under the stem.

I’ve already got a 20deg rise hope stem and a new carbon bar with a 20mm rise,

😮 How tall is your front end?

You should have bought a bigger frame!

dyna-ti

😮 How tall is your front end?

Bike is an XL Ebike, and im 6’3″.

The 20d stem and 20 rise bars i have, is to replace the flat stem and 2 spacers ill lose fitting a shorter steerer. I didnt mean i have that bar/stem and the spacers too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.