• This topic has 200 replies, 79 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by benji.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 201 total)
  • Return of the Apprentice
  • cheers_drive

The Scot Scott us going to knife someone

thegreatape
    Free Member

See the fella that agreed with the buyers that it was shite. He was right, so I don’t see why he’s getting belters for it.

Drac

Crazy-legs is right on Robert, check out BBC 2.

See the fella that agreed with the buyers that it was shite. He was right, so I don’t see why he’s getting belters for it.

Yeah I’m not sure you understand what they were meant to do.

edward2000
    Free Member

Does anyone else think it’s very staged?

allthepies
    Free Member

Roisin is very easy on the eye.

Drac

Whaaaaaat? On TV?

cinnamon_girl

Shortage of male totty.

hora
    Free Member

Shortage of male totty?

Seen the females?! I actually thought the males are better looking.

The one with the bad taste in headscarves annoyed me. Everytime she was questioned she threw in ‘I only sell things for the asian market’. WTF. A sort of ‘don’t question me I’ll throw in the feint-race card to stop you’.

Then there was ‘I can do anything as long as its online media’.

Right.

The one that worries me the most and is also the most eloquent/can actually communicate- The Sales and digital marketing bloke. Hes a political animal but no actual product etc/ability. Just someone who will successfully divide everyone and not have much content himself.

MrSmith
    Free Member

No it’s just very well edited to show them in the worst light.
    I helped some contestants do a challenge a few years ago with photographing dogs for a pet food product, I wasn’t allowed to help them too much and just give them a few basic tips
    They came across as o.k. people and actually listened to the advice I gave them which was surprising as when I watched an episode to see what the program was about the contestants came across as a bunch of cocks.

Without the drama, cock-ups and hissy fits there is no program, the production team makes sure they get what they want.

digga
    Free Member

MrSmith – Member

No it’s just very well edited to show them in the worst light[/quote]I’ve also noticed, through past seasons, that the people observing the teams (Nick, Karen etc.) have selective recall of facts – if it suits them, they will step in and nail someone to the floor by contradicting their version of events, but other times, they stay silent whilst contestants fabricate their own, wildly inaccurate, self-serving versions of events.

muggomagic

Scott did seem to be quite an angry young man.

allthepies
    Free Member

The cows came home.

Kryton57

He’s Scottish and do I detect a Glaswegian accent… No wonder then…

cinnamon_girl

Oi Kryton, that’s out of order.^ 😐

hora
    Free Member

In Scotland hes actually being romantic talking in that tone

Pook

Watch for editing. They always lead you to believe that one of the teams is the dead set loser, then flip it in the boardroom. You can call who’s going to win by about 20 minutes in.

Last night the girls were framed as falling out with a poor idea. Lo and behold, they won.

muggomagic

Let’s be fair that may be true in most episodes, but in last nights both teams looked like they would be lucky to get their product into a betterware catalogue.

ourmaninthenorth

It’s a simple model: get a bunch of BBC Tristrams* to imagine the worst image of “business”, select a bunch of people with the same type-A personality traits and set them off in a competitive environment to work for a man who made most of his millions through property investment (but pretends is was all from selling “tut” out the back of a van in Hackney).

I loathe it (because the business environment I work in is so different), but at the same time love it for the compete beginning-to-end asshattery of the whole enterprise.

*see what I did there, oh and (c) AA Gill obvs

Kryton57

cinnamon_girl – Member
    Oi Kryton, that’s out of order.^

Only if you can prove that there were no angry Galswegian’s in recent times…

In other news, Hora is responsible for making me Follow Luisa Zeissman on Twitter. Do you know she has a swimsuit range?

mrchrispy

go-go twitter

DenDennis
    Free Member

I know policemen are getting younger these days and all that but I had to check last night whether it was actually the junior or regular apprentice!

That luxury fashion shoreditch wannabe- what a tool.

I only work in luxury goods and nothing else..

yeah, i remember I never got to be a fighter pilot as I refused to train in anything other than an F 111 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

POIDH

(on reflection, p’haps not)

hora
    Free Member

She has a swimsuit range? Hello

gonzy
    Free Member

indeed Steven looks like…

but he acts like…

still undecided as to which one of the contestants i hate the most but this one is seems to be edging ahead…

i’m gonna nickname her Big Bird

gonzy
    Free Member

is it me or does Karen Brady look a bit like Gina Carano?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

gonzy
    Free Member

we doing lookalikes now?
    ok

globalti
    Free Member

As someone wrote a few posts back, this is so far from the laid back, trusting, carefully-planned and cooperative style of business we do in exporting that I just don’t recognise it as business; it’s just a bunch of idiots running around like headless chickens.

johndoh
    Free Member

it’s just a bunch of idiots running around like headless chickens.

it’s just a bunch of idiots trying to play a game by shifting blame, avoiding decision-making or anything approaching what normal people do in real business. I think that Tom Perrillo (sp?) from a few seasons ago was the closest to an honest ‘real’ person as I have seen in the ‘process’.

Still, it makes me laugh.

crazy-legs

Workers urged to admit they f*cked up

Seems apt for the general theme of last night’s programme of passing the buck and denying all responsibility. 🙂

barkm
    Free Member

I find it mildly depressing there isn’t a single candidate over 40, however, I like to think that’s because they can’t find anyone stupid enough to enter in that age category.
    I think it’s long since entered the fantasy ‘game show’ realm, it’s obviously not a serious thing. No one even remotely successful would seriously consider this as an ‘opportunity’.

globalti
    Free Member

I dunno what has happened to the successful participants over the years but my cousin was once on Dragon’s Den where he won £700,000 for his business. When I saw him months later at a family function I asked what had happened and he told me they had made the offer on the show and he had accepted but when they got down to the real negotiation afterwards they couldn’t reach an agreement.

barkm
    Free Member

I think for dragons den, and indeed in business, that’s normal. They’re only making an agreement in principle, due diligence comes next and is probably sensible given some of the types that rock up on that show.

Painey
    Free Member

Last years apprentice final was filmed in our office. From working with the finalists it’s no real shocker to learn they’re not exactly the sharpest tools in the box. Luisa was quite fit and Nick was quite chilled out. Sat talking to him for bit about the show and the goings on.

Didn’t see this week’s episode as I was doing stuff to the bike in the garage but I think I know what to expect!

johndoh
    Free Member

That’s alright then, as long as the birds are fit 🙄

natrix
    Free Member

I find it mildly depressing there isn’t a single candidate over 40,

Anybody over the age of 40 probably remembers those horrendous Amstrad HiFi units that fell apart as soon as you took them out of the box, and see absolutely no benefit in being an apprentice to the asshat who foisted them onto the British public 👿

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

As the subject of Luissa has cropped again, ive got to say….i would….all over! I’m sorry, but shes sexy as hell!

The programme itself i can take or leave, i wonder at what point they will learn that the real world of business is nothing like that?!

hora
    Free Member

gonzy that isn’t a flattering pic 😯

I’d hate to be on TV- I’d sound and look like

vintagewino
    Free Member

another + 1 for Luisa but I thought Roisin from this series was also quite tidy on wednesday’s show.

Bregante

gonzy that isn’t a flattering pic

Agreed. This one is much nicer.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 201 total)

The topic ‘Return of the Apprentice’ is closed to new replies.