Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • retro sweets….
  • slackalice
    Free Member

Hehe! +1 old bit!

My thruppenny bit pocket money would often go on too many black jacks and fruit salads! 😀

athgray
    Free Member

Candy sticks with football cards.
    Chocolate cigarettes .
    Pola Cola.
    Bubble Gum Gob Stoppers that looked like eyeballs.
    Chewits.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

The whole retro sweet thing brings back a whole host of juvenile memories, such as…

Trying to set fire to Parma Violets because they had Magnesium Carbonate in them and our childish brains figured that as Magnesium burns ferociously with a bright white flame, so would Parma Violets. We never quite got that to work.

Tipping a whole pack of Space Dust into your mouth in one go and trying not to have it explode out of your mouth and nose.

Using old style ring pulls from cans of drink as ‘flying saucers’

Being completely bewildered at how they made Tab Clear colourless. It must have been the work of the devil

Trying to get drunk on cans of ‘Top Deck’

Seemingly daily playground competitions to see who could last the longest sucking on a Fireball

Bunnyhop

We were at the New Mills (Derbyshire) carnival yesterday, home to The Swizzels Matlow sweetie factory. Where they still make many of the sweets you’re all talking about.
    My nephew had a drumstick lolly, as the parade passed by they were handing out the old fashioned sweets to the children.
    I love cycling along the canal past the factory and smelling the sweets that are being made that particular day.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

rossi46
    Free Member

I used to eat chocolate fags in primary school in the late 70’s early 80’s- no one (including my mum) thought anything of it.

How times have changed- someone would be in trouble for allowing a child to have these today 😉

+1 For the Top Deck!! 😀

rossi46
    Free Member

Tab Clear

I used to love it! Haven’t seen it for years 😥

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It was vile!

bob_summers

There was one that had kind of rubbery balls floating in it. Vile.

Probably banned as a choking hazard.

lumpysimon78
    Free Member

20p for a quarter! happy days.

Since there’s a bit of a nostalga trip going down, Check out youtube video “we didnt own a ipad” (you probbly seen it before, but hey its cool)

nealglover
    Free Member

Anyone rememeber stripers ?

“Five times the flavour, five times the fun”

If I remember rightly !?

Cougar

Double Agents! Good call.

Washed down with a can of Quatro.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

muddodger – Member
    Anyone rememeber Stripers? soft chewy fruity stuff, a bit like starburst (chewitts) in a bar

POSTED 23 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Stripers? Surely you mean Pacers, ans Opal fruits became Starburst. Chewitts were even chewier than a 15 storey block of flats.

Cougar

Chewier than Barrow-in-Furness bus depot.

dave_h
    Free Member

I used to love Bandit bars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hcMOIjA6F4

nealglover
    Free Member

Proper wagon wheels(at least twice the size they are now)

Urban Myth methinks 😉

I had some Black Jacks the other day. They’ve changed the wrappers to something slightly less offensive than the ones they had when I was a kid.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘retro sweets….’ is closed to new replies.