Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Retro Marin Shoreline?? Value?
  • dannybee
    Free Member

Just wondering if these where any good back in the day? My mate has one which is like brand new and he has only ever used on the road. I can have it for little money but don’t want to rob him if it has value to the retro crowd?

I quite fancy using it myself occasionally would make a nice change from the rigid hardtail. Had a go on it earlier Sram x5 gears but gripshift unfortunately. Also first time i have seen a forktube extender!

z1ppy

Not a whole lot, £50-100 (or less?) at a guess, though I’ve never followed any on ebay, so a complete guess-timate. No retro value to them as far as I’m aware, as they were Marin “cheap and cheerful” starter full-suss & being brutal the spec shows it. That’s not to say they’re bad, as they based on the Marin Mount Vision frame which I thought was very good (till the BB fell off), and could be built into quite a lightweight decent(ish) bike.
    You’d really want to dump the nasty coil shock, put on a modern(ish) air unit with pro-pedal to get the best from it and it’d go quite well ..ok some nice forks would be good too. It’s one of the better versions with the square swinging arm (with disc mount) and not the extremely flexible looking tubular one.

dannybee
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂

I can get it for £50 but not sure if i need another bike although i have enough bits to upgrade the shocks god knows why i’m attracted to old bikes 😕

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Retro Marin Shoreline?? Value?’ is closed to new replies.