Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Retro darkside…
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

This has been hanging in the garage of my missus’ old man for as long as they’ve lived there, apparently.

Mix of dura ace, campag, cinelli, mavic, and a Bob Jackson frame custom built. Not sure about the campag centre-pulls though! I’m SO having it when I get back from Oz. custom 6 speed block and the rear mech has ti bolts too! This was built up years ago – weight-weenie tastic! Was over at the weekend as they are storing some of our stuff while we’re abroad. Couldn’t help myself cleaning it up, re-indexing the gears and having a blast.

RealMan
    Free Member

Looks nice, not sure about the bar tape though…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Urban camo. I think black would look nicer tbvh.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BigDummy
    Free Member

Very nice. 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

ja. sehr schön

aphex_2k
    Free Member

alpin – Member

ja. sehr schön

Recht schönen Dank!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Few more piccies…

njee20
    Free Member

Looks to be in good nick, not gonna be at all light by modern standards, and probably pretty awful to ride, but you’d probably get a fair bit of money for it if you found the right person!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Well… It doesn’t actually fit me. Either my feet are too long or something – as it was custom built for my F-I-L. The front wheel catches on my toes when I turn! It’s not so bad in a straight line ;)… Maybe some more modern forks would sort out that?

And it’s not that light either. I expected feather weight but it felt closer to my steel Pipedream with Coil Revelations than I expected.

I really feel like sticking some carbon forks on, dropping the stem down, single speeding it and using it as a commuter, but we’re talking this time next year.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Retro darkside…’ is closed to new replies.