Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Retailers who use MyHermes
  • Flaperon

Following yet another Hermes delivery which appears to have been casually lobbed into the bin closest to the driver’s house I’ve built a simple site which lists UK retailers who post items out with Hermes.

A lot of the time they don’t mention who they use on their website so if you’ve bought something bike-related and it arrived (or more likely didn’t…) with Hermes, can you stick their name in a reply?

(In a hotel room in the middle of ******* nowhere and bored out my mind).

mboy

CRC/Wiggle on the list now! Obviously couldn’t afford to pay their RM bill…

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Quite a few clothing places do which is handy as the Hermes guy here is excellent, if he thinks I’m nights he’ll open the door and drop into the house. If he gets no replay he knows where to stash the parcel or he’ll call back later in the day.

wzzzz

My local hermes guy is brilliant, leaves things in my porch and picks up my ebay sales from there.

Zero hassle ever.

Unlike royal mail who take parcels back to post office which is only open working hours. Only they don’t because I live at the end of the round, so my parcels go back to the sorting office, only to be brought to the PO the next day. So I have to wait an extra 2days to get my parcel and take time out of work to go get it.

irc

Ok Hermes guy has never given any problems. No hesitation using companies that use them. Don’t start me on Yodel though. If I thoght Yodel was getting used I would buy elsewhere.

Premier Icon tjagain
    Subscriber

I will not touch any company that use hermes or yodel – not just for their crap deliveries but also their unethical employment practices

Unlike royal mail who take parcels back to post office which is only open working hours.

Our local depot have doubled down on that and only open 9am – 1pm.

This is particularly excellent when
    (a) we’re in
    (b) we’re in the lounge
    (c) we’re in the lounge the lounge that has the front door in it
    (d) we’re in the lounge the lounge that has the front door in it, and all we receive is the ‘sorry we missed you’ card, stating a time when we were sitting in said lounge

They are just awesomes, aren’t they. The little scamps.

By contrast, local Hermes lady leaves it in a safe place and we have zero problems.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Ok Hermes guy has never given any problems. No hesitation using companies that use them. Don’t start me on Yodel though. If I thoght Yodel was getting used I would buy elsewhere.

This. Can we add Yodel to your shitlist?

I think both of these companies have the same problem – they live or die by the quality of your local driver, and that’s obviously going to be region-dependent. Personally I’ve never had a problem with Hermes, by contrast I’ve never not had a problem with Yodel.

If you’re going to the trouble of creating a website, maybe it’d be more useful to list which courier(s) a company uses rather than specifically Hermes / not-Hermes.

jimw

Blacks/Sports Direct is another.
    Our Hermes delivery agent won’t deliver to anyone on our track, so I either avoid Retailers who use them, or if I know that they use them get sent to work, or if unsure(some ebay sellers say they use RM but then a Hermes tracking code pops up) use work address.
    Our RM guys are really good

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I’ve now sent… hang on… 1055 items succesfully, had about 4 lost, 1 damaged by courier incompetence (threw a car stereo over an 8 foot wall onto concrete)… And probably loads delayed by a day or so but if you use hermes for a time-critical thing you deserve everything you get imo.

Weirdly, their customer service has been excellent for me. When they lose a parcel, they don’t piss about, they just go “OK we’ve lost it” and you get a refund. They do make you fill in a form, then 5 minutes after they receive it they go “we searched EVERYWHERE!” so that’s a bit annoying but you know fine well most couriers just sit on it for a week in case it turns up.

As far as employment practices, we have a new dude now who moved from DPD and prefers it. Our guy before moved from DHL and likewise preferred it, he did our route for 3 years and then recommended the new guy to come and take it over when he emigrated. Now these are both skilled, experienced, professional dudes and it does seem like the hammer of shit with hermes hits the casual guys hardest… But it’s not open and shut I don’t think.

gringo

Had an item delivered by Hermes today. It’s been left in the outbuilding….I don’t have an outbuilding.

Premier Icon Rick Draper
    Subscriber

Bikester

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

The only problem I’ve had with Wiggle & Yodel is they keep delivering to a business park at 8pm, when it’s closed, so it takes umpteen attempts for the parcel to arrive until someone tries during the day. Other parcel companies have systems which know the difference between residential and commercial addresses and schedule accordingly…

Premier Icon dovebiker
    Subscriber

I have a small web-based business – having sent out about 300 deliveries. We’ve only had one breakage and one loss. That was Collect+ who admitted that it was lost in their depot and then immediately tried to wriggle out of refunding the cost when they found out it was a ceramic mug (in a crush-proof box, wrapped in bubble wrap) as it was decreed to be ‘fragile’ and prohibited – even though they never asked what was inside when they took my money. Our local Hermes and DPD guys are good.

fatbikedog

I currently have a dispute with Hermes. I sold a dropper post on ebay and sent it via Hermes( one of their reccomended courier). The buyer received an empty box. As soon as this became clear I put in a claim to Hermes and provided them with all the documentation they asked for. I quickly recieved a reply telling me it would be sorted within 14 days. It is now 28 days and despite many emails and web chats I get no responce. Of course you cannot speak to a real person. I have spoken to real person at ebay who said they could do nothing and it is up to me to sort it out. My ebay buyer had now started a dispute via ebay. What can I do.

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

What can I do.

Send a letter before action to Hermes head office.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-before-small-claims-court-claim

Premier Icon tjagain
    Subscriber

I have had two failed hermes deliveries and both times the driver lied.

My flat is difficult to find ( it looks like a commercial building) but to state they have attempted to deliver twice and left a card at the correct address is an outright lie

revs1972

Our local Hermes driver has been good, up until yesterday, when he put a parcel in a plastic storage box in the front garden (not a problem in itself), then signed for it himself. Will be having a word next time I see him. Don’t want to report him (especially at this time of year) , but that’s not on

John Lewis.

I bought some global knives from an independent small shop and after ticking the agree to buy I noticed that it plugged through a Hermes URL before thanking me for my purchase. Straight on the email asking to be allowed to pay for another delivery method. They thankfully agreed and waived the extra cost.

My business sends out about 700 parcels a week by various couriers, but not Hermes. They’re all crap in their own specific ways, but are generally worse at this time of year due to the use of agency drivers, many of whom would struggle to find their own arses with both hands.

I’ve had quite a few CRC orders sent by Hermes and they’ve always arrived on time. I suspect that CRC use them because they can offer a cheap next day service that works at weekends for no extra money.

JP

MrSmith

Had an item delivered by Hermes today. It’s been left in the outbuilding….I don’t have an outbuilding.

Ah like the coffee table I was sat waiting in for that was “posted through your letterbox”.
    Basically at 5pm the Friday before Christmas the driver is not going to waste an hour driving to mine to do his job and deliver it. Either that or they really can bend time and matter.
    Never got an explanation or compensation and you cannot speak to the depot and they cannot speak to the driver. (Wtf?)

I never buy from anywhere that uses them now.

Premier Icon RicB
    Subscriber

Our Hermes driver is very good. I was chatting to him a week or so ago and he told me he’s about to start a 29-day shift. If he doesn’t work the weekends at this time of year he’s overwhelmed on the Monday, mainly because his patch includes a big business park with 9-5 m-fri opening hours

Yes often it’s the drivers fault but the conditions they have to work in are pretty bad

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Interesting one from me. MrsTH ordered a full face helmet and some clothes from CRC. Gets an email from CRC apologising that Hermes have lost the order and would she like a refund. Yes she would, refund processed. She then gets an email from Hermes saying there was no one in, but they’ve left it in a safe spot (we haven’t nominated one)… I’m first home to find they’ve left a package in our (mercifully empty) wheelie bin, but it’s obviously not a full face helmet sized package, but could very easily be clothes. I’ve been instructed not to open it, as it’s an Xmas present for me, but we aren’t expecting anything from anyone else, so what’s happened there then? Do we have to send the clothes back, as we’ve had a refund? Might the FF still turn up?

MrSmith

I’m first home to find they’ve left a package in our (mercifully empty) wheelie bin, but it’s obviously not a full face helmet sized package, but could very easily be clothes. I’ve been instructed not to open it, as it’s an Xmas present for me, but we aren’t expecting anything from anyone else, so what’s happened there then?

It might be my coffee table?

he told me he’s about to start a 29-day shift

There is no job on earth that I would do with that sort of shift length. Dangerous (driving constantly for so many days in a row), uncaring (from the employer) and just wrong. Surely must be illegal???

Our local herpes reprobate is the classic example. Amazingly folk stick up for him claiming he always goes the extra mile for them. Maybe if he stopped going the extra mile for those folk he would be able to do his job properly for everyone else.

Oh, Joe Brown’s and Uniqlo both use Herpes, I just pay the extra and get it delivered to the local shop.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

It might be my coffee table?

Nah, this wouldn’t fit through the letter box, unlike your coffee table…

Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

My Mrs got a message from Hermes this morning confirming they had delivered her small parcel to her work address (as requested). To confirm this they have sent a photo of the front door to which they delivered her parcel. Unfortunately the front door is someones house, not her workplace. She works in a GP surgery, it has a directional sign at each end of the street, a surgery name sign and an NHS sign mounted on posts in the flower bed area, a wall mounted sign and a a sign etched into the glass in the front door.

hooli

They have always been good for me, I send my ebay parcels with them too as they are far cheaper than RM and so far, more reliable.

Premier Icon BillOddie
    Subscriber

Hermes and Yodel stash stuff behind my bins, which i have mixed feelings about.

Same goes for Amazon.

Royal mail take stuff to the post office.

Parcel Force seem to be bloody incompetent though.  I had a parcel try to be delivered twice, they failed to leave a card twice, they don’t send emails telling you where the parcel is, they take it to the post office without telling you and then when you tell them to take it to the post office, they take it back to the depot before taking it back to the post office.  Bloodty thing was doing laps of the midlands.

geomickb

This must depend on the driver. My local Hermes lady is great, much better than a lot of the big companies.

Don’t you get an email when the item is being delivered and you can then leave instructions?

mariner

My CRC parcel delivery advice online allowed me to make an instant ‘leave in shed’ or ‘leave with neighbor’ and confirmed my choice.
    Parcel received ahead of time no complaints.
    As an observation both CRC and Wiggle are now using cheaper unmarked boxes that crush easily in transit.

The old lad who does Hermes around here is great; always tries to circle around and redeliver if he misses us.

Yodel are horrid.

DPD around here are utterly terrible. Not only do they not try that hard to deliver, the standards of driving they employ around the local primary school are nothing shy of dangerous

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

Our local Hermes guy is an absolute joke. We have a neighborhood Facebook page. Every single day there’s a post about him failing to deliver/ delivering to the wrong person/ lying about the parcels whereabouts

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

DPD around here are utterly terrible.

Point of note, there are two DPDs.

IME, DPD Local (blue logo) is a cowboy outfit cut from the same cloth as Hermes and Yodel. Proper DPD (red logo) is the gold standard of couriers and hard to beat.

Premier Icon stevious
    Subscriber

Point of note, there are two DPDs.

IME, DPD Local (blue logo) is a cowboy outfit cut from the same cloth as Hermes and Yodel. Proper DPD (red logo) is the gold standard of couriers and hard to beat.

I’d always wondered about the different van colours. Never had a problem with either here, but then most couriers are decent here.

I understand that people want to avoid certain couriers though. OP – you can add Science In Sport to your list of Hermes users.

It’s the red ones. Scumbag drivers around here.

mindmap3

Our RM post man is pretty good; he’s asked if he can sign for things and pitch the in a safe place (shed). I’m fine with that and he always puts a note through to say where it is.

Our Parcel Force guy is terrible. Doesn’t make any effort to deliver the parcels, takes them straight to the village shop / PO without putting a note through the door letting me know where my stuff is. I had a text last week from PF saying I had a sailed delivery because no one was in…I was working from home in the kitchen which is next to the front door. He didn’t even attempt.

The My Herpes lady is a bit useless. I asked her to leave a parcel in the shed last week. Instead it was lobbed over the garden gate and landed by the bins. Cheers.

escrs

Never had a problem with MYHermes………………until today!!!

Here is how my Wiggle parcel arrived and missing one item

Have got straight on to Wiggle about it and awaiting a reply

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hRCtt2]78660016_1694852563982883_8672562190747697152_n[/url] by escrs1, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hRCtro]71215230_559215048226982_5708398731980701696_n[/url] by escrs1, on Flickr

Premier Icon simon_g
    Subscriber

Hermes are usually OK here too. It helps that we have a porch and leave the outer door unlocked, all the couriers now know they can just lob it in there and don’t even bother ringing the bell if it doesn’t need signing for.

Few big retailers are tied in to any one courier, it keeps costs down and if they get too many complaints they can flip over very quickly.

You can’t expect “free” delivery (which will be punted off to whichever company is cheapest this month) and great service. They’re paid next to nothing and have way too many parcels to deliver to care too much about where it goes.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.